CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wheel poll...please let me know what you think

epricedright

OOH! I like! Thank you Doc! So I can see what they'll look like on my car, I need to take a picture of my car dead on from the side so Bigfoo can transpose that pic on it. I'll let you know once that's done. Thanks! Bigfoo, is your offer to do that for me still open?

Vogue does make a whitewall tire called the "Premium" but it's not worth it. Looks like a Michelin but at a higher price. Get Vogue's if you want that distinctive white diamond-embossed stripe and thin gold stripe.

I cobbled together a picture of a 94/96 Deville with the chrome 2004 Devillle wheel. The perspective is slightly off but you get the idea. Also, I'd switch the center caps so you'd have matching Cadillac Wreath and Crest emblems on the center caps to match the ones already elsewhere on your car.

cheers,

~Doc

post-3-1096345126.jpg

Thanks Doc! I'm not sure if I like those now. Can I send you a pic tomorrow that you can piece together, one from the side, to get a better idea of how they're gonna look? I might like the rear wheel on the car you just doctored. Looks like a high maintenance wheel though possibly. Do you have a closeup of that wheel? Can you get those?

Thanks again!

E,

Doc sent a pic of my car - the Big Red Dog !

(OK, not really the exact same car - but the same color, etc as my '94 Concours)

Here is a link to a detailed pic of the rear wheel (OEM) that you mentioned. Its pictured as on the front of my car this past winter.

http://www.geocities.com/tdkueper/P1010118.JPG

The center cap on the side was the old style and the installed cap was adapted from a newer model. Doc thought that the chrome was an aftermarket thing, but I've seen a few similar ones around.

They are not "high maintenance", per se, but they do retain mud inside if you get into the deep stuff (as in fill up the fenderwells until the tires rub). Tough to clean out without a roadside pond handy.

I can tell you that they can take quite a hit (with 16 x 60 x 225) and don't crinkle.

Good luck :o

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Thanks Doc! I'm not sure if I like those now. Can I send you a pic tomorrow that you can piece together, one from the side, to get a better idea of how they're gonna look? I might like the rear wheel on the car you just doctored. Looks like a high maintenance wheel though possibly. Do you have a closeup of that wheel? Can you get those?

Thanks again!

I think those OEM-chrome 2004 Deville wheels are a screaming buy, and will look outstanding especially with the correct logo center caps.

I don't know if I'll be able to Photoshop up another picture for you. These things take a fair amount of time to do and if the perspective is off it isn't a very accurate representation anyway.

The style of these wheels is not high-maintenance, certainly nothing on the order of what you have now with all those grooves/spokes.

Thank-you for your interest in my auctions,

~Doc

Archived