CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wheel poll...please let me know what you think

epricedright

How would these rims look on my '94 Deville? Color is Calypso green.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...mMakeTrack=true

I was also thinking of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7923633443

I was thinking I needed chrome wheels considering all the chrome that's on the car. But I'm unsure what would look best. Cardio Doc, I hope to call you tomorrow.

Poll: Which of these wheels would look best or any other suggestions? And should I go with blackwalls or whitewalls? I'm leaning now more to the blackwalls. I'm open to any other wheel suggestions. I'm getting a set this week as I can't stand the wheels that are on there now!

aCadillac1994SedanDeVILLEpurchased8-01-0

Well, if you REALLY want to know, I think the wheels you have look great on that car and I'm not sure the spoke wheels would improve it a bit. I just heard that gas prices are going up again. You could use the money you'd save for gas. :unsure:

I'd like to keep the classy, elegant look...maybe just a little sporty. Other than being gold, the emblems on the two wheels selected are the same, right? They both have the "new style" Cadillac emblem I thought. There's not the different colors in the emblem, but neither are there any colors in the emblem on the wheels that are on there now, as in the hood emblem. Please clarify what you mean Ben. Any other suggestions? The wheels that are on there now are all beat up w/ 11 years of road and curb rash and are a royal pain to clean and keep that way...too many slots & grooves and what not. The 1st wheel picked out above I believe is painted on silver. Does the paint flake off easily on wheels that are painted? I want low maintenance and a finish that will last. Is chrome easy to maintain? I can handle waxing them regularly.

Tough choice, the chrome wheel matches the other chrome you have on your car and I think it will accent the car nicely. The CTS wheel has a different look to it almost nickel plated and I personally don't think it will look as good. Thats my 2 cents..

I like the spoking of the cts rims but once I saw the chrome rims and pictured it on your car, it was the chrome rims all the way. They'll look sharp with a nice set of blackwalls. -kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Thanks everyone! Please keep your opinions coming in. Did you ever get your tires Mike? Which ones did you decide to go with. I'm gonna possibly reconsider my tire choice of the Bridgestone Turanza's LST's now that I may be going w/ blackwalls. Either that, or turn them around. I do like the Turanza's though. Costco is coming out w/ tire rebates October 10th I heard. Can't beat there prices! I'll have to see what my options are with the 16" wheels in blackwall.

Thanks everyone! Please keep your opinions coming in. Did you ever get your tires Mike? Which ones did you decide to go with. I'm gonna possibly reconsider my tire choice of the Bridgestone Turanza's LST's now that I may be going w/ blackwalls. Either that, or turn them around. I do like the Turanza's though. Costco is coming out w/ tire rebates October 10th I heard. Can't beat there prices! I'll have to see what my options are with the 16" wheels in blackwall.

I need to do that tomorrow, it will probably be the Symetry's as I want to stay with white walls. I go to Costco as they give lifetime rotating and balancing they are great. I am only buying 2 as my business has hit the wall due to real estate deals coming to a screaching halt, so if I can get the Hydroedge quickly, I will put them on the rear and reverse two of my existing XW4's for the front. Kevin will be disappointed (as am I) that I am not staying with whitewall, but the Hydroedge is an impressive tire. If it takes too long to get the Hydroedge, I will get the Symetry's

I hear they're coming out w/ a $60-80 instant rebate Oct 10th. for both Michelins and Bridgestones. I was told by a Costco employee if you buy all 4 tires in the near future (not necessarily all 4 at the same time), you can do a paper return and then buy them back Oct 10th to get the 4 tire rebate. That way you wouldn't have to wait till the 10th. I plan to do that as I just recently purchased 4 Turanza's for my minivan, bought 2 and 2, at different times. $80.00 is $80.00---Food for thought!...that's a nice dinner for 4 speaking of food! :lol:

The Hydroedge are directional tires and can only be rotated front to back. They're a good tire, but could get noisy if have any alignment problems and they block out on you...so I was told by a Costco employee.

I am only buying 2 as my business has hit the wall due to real estate deals coming to a screaching halt

I just checked my crystal ball, and it says the real estate market will boom in NY as soon as Bush is out :D . Hang in there Mike. It's gonna better no doubt. ;)

I am only buying 2 as my business has hit the wall due to real estate deals coming to a screaching halt

I just checked my crystal ball, and it says the real estate market will boom in NY as soon as Bush is out :D . Hang in there Mike. It's gonna better no doubt. ;)

Oh Oh, the old politics and religion topics.... Should I or shouldn't I talk about it.... NA.... I have been involved in enough stuff this week with the troll, ima keep my nose clean tonight :ph34r:

I think things will get better once this embarrising circus is over, that is all I can say. :lol:

I think the chrome style wheel but maybe not the gold centers unless you put the gold stripe tires on , or do you have gold stripes etc ?????

Yeh I was thinking that too. Originally I was going to go with the Vogues w/ the gold stripe. But I started thinking that may be a bit much, never mind the cost. So I think I'll go with the blackwalls instead. I agree with you the chrome centers may look better with blackwalls, especially considering there is no gold on my car.

Here's the all chrome set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7923634240&rd=1

Your second option, the chrome wheels) would look really nice on your Cadillac.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Just bought 2 Symetrys at Costco, and kept the best two and had them balanced.. Got it washed and it rides like new... no more shaking. I am thinking that this tire was bad for a long time as it appears that my high speed brake shutter is gone also, YEA!

Yesterday when I got my tires at Costco I asked them if they knew anyone in the neighborhood that does a good alignment. Well they said Firestone directly across the street. I have had a bad experience with Firestone, so I was reluctant. About 5 years ago I went to Firestone to have a set of tires installed on Explorer about a year before they recalled the tires. I paid them (about $500) and went across the street to eat lunch to kill some time. When I came back, the car was on the lift and the wheels were off and on the ground and they did no work! They told me that they found that I needed rear brakes, an air filter and wipers....and they needed my approval to continue doing the work.... I said nice, now put my wheels back on and REFUND me my money I asked for TIRES and you were suppose to install TIRES...why didn't you just DO the tires? :angry: NOW you expect me to WAIT? :angry:

Fast forward to now, I walked in to Firestone TODAY, and went to the counter. I was going to ask if he could do an alignment WITHOUT trying to CROSS SELL me. The guy says hold on I need to make a call. He calls the person up and says, I recommend that you replace the air filter-$19.95, flush the power steering fluid it looks REALLY dirty-$69.95 and wipers $19.95. She must have said, what about the NOISE (she brought the car in for a NOISE). He said, NOISE?, and starts rooting through the papers frantically..... puts her on HOLD, and calls the 'mechanic'. The mechanic HAD NOT looked into the noise yet! HUH? He tells the person we are still looking into the noise. :rolleyes: These places are thieves. I go to walk out and as I get to the door, he puts her on hold, and calls out to me, SIR can I help you....??? I just said, no thanks, you just did!, and walked out obviously upset! Thank god I do my own work, but the problem is finding a competant and honest person when you can't do the job yourself.

I've heard the same been-taken type stories from people who've gone to Firestone & Goodyear as well. I had an employee who was ripped off at Firestone...really bad. Can't remember the details, but basically she went in for brakes, and drove off with new brakes and motor work as well ($800 worth). It's a shame they haven't been busted yet...remember Sears years back? And there are so many nieve people out there to victimize, who don't have a clue about cars, i.e. my past employee.

Greetings:

I really like the styling of the 94 to 96 Deville and myself had a 94 up until 2 years ago. Loved that car.

I think the 17's (CTS wheels) are a mistake. It's too big a jump and too 'sporty' a look for your car. Go with 16" wheels and 225/60R-16 tires. If you just want blackwalls - BJ's Wholesale has Michelin Symmetry's very cheap and those are a great tire. If you want Vogue's - of course I'm a Vogue Tyre dealer and as-noted in the auction can mount/high-speed balance a set of Vogue's for you and you can install your new tires/wheels right in your driveway. If you like gold and go with those chrome/gold center caps - well the Vogue's look very sharp. Check out the attached image to see how the Vogue's and chrome/gold center caps work together. If you don't care for gold - skip the Vogue's.

Also, as for all this center cap discussion - CaddyInfo special to you:

You have traditional Cadillac Wreath and Crest emblems on your car. Buy any of the chrome 16" wheels from me and at no additional charge, I'll upgrade to center caps like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7923040230&rd=1

Thank-you for your interest in my auctions,

~Doc

"Largest Seller of Cadillac Wheels and Wheel Accessories on eBay"

post-3-1096243764.jpg

Thanks Doc! I didn't realize there was a difference between the 2 Wreaths and Crests till you pointed that out. Do you have a closeup pic of those wheels w/ the blackwalls? Dead on side shot would be nice. Thanks!

Archived