CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AC/Economy Blower Died

Marika

On my way home from work today, the blower was running on the Economy button. All of a sudden, it just stopped.

I checked all the MINI fuses and they seem fine. Is that blower on one of the MAXI fuses?

No codes were set, no sounds were heard, no scents were smelled....

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The system finally set a code this morning but I don't have my book with me to look it up:

A052

Anyone know what this one is? Thanks.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Hi Marika,

You may want to read down this post: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2154

Your AO52 is the same as IO52 I believe. Hope it helps.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Assuming A052 and I052 are the same, then I might have caused the code to set myself since last night as I was pulling fuses to look at them but my mechanic told me you can't tell by looking at them, I'll need to use a probe. Or, I can just switch all the fuses again and be done with it, and see if that works.

Apart from fuses or a wiring problem the most likely problem is a failed control module or the blower itself. Your looking at about 100 dollars plus labor charges.

Module is a 10 minute job and about a half hour for the blower on this car.

I should also check the 40A HVAC Blower MAXI fuse. It covers the HVAC power module, engine compartment fuse and the A/C compressor.

Yep, but when you check the fuses pull them out and check for corrosion on the the terminals just to be sure.

Good point. I'll let everyone know what happens.

OK. Just got back from the mechanic. He was too busy to really work on the car or try to figure out what's wrong but he used a probe and said "there's no power running to the blower motor". I have to bring the car back to him on Thursday for him to work on it and figure out exactly what's wrong.

Sounds like the control module.

Is the control module the same as the AC Delco part No. 15-8548 Power Module?

That's the correct PT # the correct disc. is power module as you describe - but have your mechanic verify this to be sure the part is worth around 100 bucks or so - so you wanna be sure.

The bodyshop ordered the part for me, it was $89 wholesale price. I have off from work on Thursday so I'll install it then. I hope it works.

OK. Just finished installing the power module and the blower is working again!!!

Thank you to everyone who helped me on this.

I also noticed that for the first time, I'm feeling heat blowing down at my feet!!

Another thing that I've noticed is when I press the ECON button after I start the car, it doesn't always start up the blower right away, I have to press it a second time. Do I need new contact points under the button or is something else doing this?

The blower will not blow heat until the coolant Temp is around 104 F -- It will though start right away in the defrost mode.

Hope this helps.

I just realized that I don't have to push the button multiple times. I just have to wait a bit, apparently the newer modules take an additional few seconds to turn on.

The blower will not blow heat until the coolant Temp is around 104 F -- It will though start right away in the defrost mode.

Hope this helps.

I just realized that I don't have to push the button multiple times. I just have to wait a bit, apparently the newer modules take an additional few seconds to turn on.

Marika,

Check your service manual. If I remember correctly the slow blower start up is intentional and is explained in the manual. I think it has something to do with clearing the vents of moisture or not introducing a blast of air or something like that. It's been a while since I've read it but I do remember some mention of it.

Hope this helps.

Marika,

Check your service manual. If I remember correctly the slow blower start up is intentional and is explained in the manual. I think it has something to do with clearing the vents of moisture or not introducing a blast of air or something like that. It's been a while since I've read it but I do remember some mention of it.

I think you are right. The system exhausts the vents before it starts up the blower motor. I'm sure it's fine now. Good to have heat again and AC in the car and it was an easy job too.

Good Job!

Thanks!!

Archived