CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'05 STS TV commercials

JimD

Seeing more TV ads for the '05 STS and seeing them more and more frequently. The piece in the ballroom is the latest; clever and entertaining.

Time to rethink Led Zepp. tho!!!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Yes it is a little played out...but they should find a song that is as good.

Any suggestions?

They are trying to capture the boomers. Boomers are what 40 to 55 years old now? That would be 1964 back to 1949. If you add say 15 years to when the boomer was 'INTO MUSIC", at 15 years old, it would be the years 1997 back to 1964. So we need a song that has passion, excitement and energy during 1979 and 1964 to appeal to the boomers.

I will do some thinking on this one, I have 7,500 songs on my computer ripped from my collection of CDs and albums.

If this song was older I would nominate, You can't touch this! by MC Hammer :lol:

My choice would be Firestarter by Prodigy... but I'm sure that's too recent for most of you old heads on here. So how about Radar Love? Or has that been done?

THATS HISTERICAL, when you said OLD HEADS, I looked and said I have not heard that expression in a LONG TIME..... I am from Havertown, PA.....and moved to NY in 1976.... Its been THAT LONG since I have heard OLD HEADS.... Glad to see some things don't change.

Good choices... Firestarter is a little new for us boomers however :unsure:

What I read was GM wanted The Doors - Break On Through. I however being 20 I still love the Zepplin. When I get behind the wheel of any of our Caddys and love to have that playing, makes me feel like I'm the guy driving in the commercial :lol: . But seriously I do! B)

Spence

can they do thourogood? or is he reserved for muscle type cars...

BBBB Bad to the Bone! B) I love that song! Every time I hear that I think of that opening scene in the movie "Christine"! :P Weird flick, but a great car! Wasn't that car a '59 Caddy?

I saw that ballroom dancin' 05 STS ad today, that was great! Loved seein' those rear wheels churnin' up some smoke! :D

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

One of my old time favorite car commercials was the Mercedes Ballet. Classical music to which the cars moved around a track in lovely unison and synchonized movements. I remember how impressed I was by that commercial. Grace, speed and agility was the message.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

One of my old time favorite car commercials was the Mercedes Ballet. Classical music to which the cars moved around a track in lovely unison and synchonized movements....

I remember seeing a similar CBC-produced item featuring articulated earth moving equipment doing ballet. Impressive.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

One of my old time favorite car commercials was the Mercedes Ballet.  Classical music to which the cars moved around a track in lovely unison and synchonized movements....

I remember seeing a similar CBC-produced item featuring articulated earth moving equipment doing ballet. Impressive.

If you ever saw Walt Disney's Fantasia, there's a similar scene where elephants or hippopotamus (I don't remember which) are dressed in tu-tu's and ballet slippers and dancing to lovely Russian classical music. LOL!! :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived