CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

water spots???

TomCalliham

When I bought my 97 Deville, there were some type of water spots on the glass. I have tried wax, (turtle and zymoil), Polish, metal polish, all available types of glass cleaners, mothers, blue coral, meguiers. I've almost spent enough on cleaners to just replace the windows in the car.The spots are on all the glass except where the wipers wipe the windshield.I was thinking maybe acid rain, but the spots aren't on the paint. The paint seems to be original with the painted on pinstriping. I'm just completely out of ideas here. Is there any help out there????? :(

Usually, Bon Ami cleansing powder will clean that up nicely.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I have never tried the Bonami (can't get it here in Canada)but I did try toothpaste. Didn't work that well. What I did find that works is Glass top stove cleaner. It's the stuff you get with a new Glass top stove. You can get it at a place that sells those glass top stoves.(Sears ect.) Use a little water and a non abbrasive scrub pad with it. Incediable results. There was an old post on this a while ago. "Showroom Windows"

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

I have never tried the Bonami (can't get it here in Canada)but I did try toothpaste. Didn't work that well. What I did find that works is Glass top stove cleaner. It's the stuff you get with a new Glass top stove. You can get it at a place that sells those glass top stoves.(Sears ect.) Use a little water and a non abbrasive scrub pad with it. Incediable results. There was an old post on this a while ago. "Showroom Windows"

Actually, "glass top stove cleaner" probably IS Bon Ami Cleanser, or a very similar formulation.

If you have a VERY STEADY hand, you can also use a straight edge razor blade to remove anything off the glass but be very careful, for obvious and not so obvious reasons.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Great Idea Rickster! I like it! Mike

I have seen glass of stain before, from water seeping through concrete as in a parking garage roof. Really tough to get out. In this case, the vinegar would probably work very well, since it is a mild acid. Other types of acid, such as MILD muriatic as used in brick work may also work. The glass stove top cleaner contains a mild abrasive which should also work but by using a different mechanism. There is also a cleaner for the glass used in fireplace inserts that should work. It is also mildly abrasive. The one brand that I use is Rutland Hearth & Grill glass cleaner. They are at Rutland Products, P. O. Box 340, Rutland VT 05702-0340. Item #84 Hasn't scratched my fireplace glass yet in over 2 years of use. The razor blade that I used to use, did however.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

:D:) Thanks guys. I havent tried any of the products that you all mentioned, but I'll be on my way to the store after church this morning. I'm on EST in S.C. You folks on this forum have saved many a butt with all your helpful hints and suggestions. I just want to express my graditude to you for this. I'll be expressing my thanks to Bruce Nunnally by sending him a check to help with expenses. I can remember my first post on this sight back in Dec. It was a suggestion about putting the improper coolant in your engine. Instead of you all throwing tomatoes at me, you patted me on the back and said( well, poo poo happens) and we all went on with our lives.A truly superhuman feat. Again, thank you all very much!!!!!!!!

Tom Calliham

Tcllhm@aol.com

Sweetwater, S.C. 29860

P.S_Did_I_mention_Thank_You

Archived