CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wipers

adallak

I don't like using my wipers unless I really have to. I use a coating called aquapel from Novus and it works just great and you only need to install it about once a year. It is a lot like rain X but it last a heck of a lot longer.

The wiper blades I do use have teflon edges and they work just great without smear, chatter etc... when I do use them. I don't recall the name of them but I have seen them in autopart stores.

Jim White

I really like the Lexor brand...I've only found it at Wal-Mart. Very cheap, about 6-7 dollars for the entire blade. But the key to me is they last for months instead of weeks like most others it seems. I haven't been happy with any wiper blade I tried, including the Bosch, teflon, etc. I thought maybe my windshield was contaminated with something, but I've generally had bad luck with wiper blades on all the vehicles I've owned...until I found the Lexor brand at Wal-Mart. They're all I buy now.

Actually...a little tip here too. I buy the blades one inch shorter than what the book calls for. I think on my Seville, it's supposed to be 21", but I have 20" on there. My Nissan truck takes 19" blades, but I've got 18" on there. I find the smaller blades tend to not have as much "leverage" on the arm and sweep much easier than the full length blade does.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived