CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'94 ETC random front end rattle

Ion

Rattle is independent of hitting bumps in pavement. Have determined that while driving, rapidly turning wheel in both directions can cause rattle to occur...aside from it randomly occuring on its own. Any suggestions? Bushings? Bearings?

Stabilizer links.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Try to see if you can hear something if you rock the car from the outside, with the engine off. You can also see if you can hear something with the engine on and the car standing still, at different rpm:s (maybe it does not have to do with the suspension parts, since it is independent of bumps etc).

My stabilizer links rattled independently of bumps etc. I couldn't actually trigger the noise when I was trying to diagnose it with people. My mechanic set it off riding the center stripe in the road, but otherwise it seemed to come and go as it pleased.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Replaced the swaybar link kit for each side (stabilizers) and rattle went away! Thanks for your input! This is the very first time I received a coreect answer on the first try in here! Kudos to those of you who made the right call!

Archived