CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

how much $ to get car lowered

yenko

• 3 weeks later...

Is that all it takes to lower a vehicle...........only springs?

I have a 92 El Dorado and I inquired regarding Eibach Springs, and was told that the cost will run about $300, plus another $350 or $400 to bypass the level control and install the springs.

Is it only the installatin of the springs, or does the level control need to be bypassed as well, in order to lower this vehicle? I want to lower about 1" or 1 1/2".

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I got the Eibach springs, which are supposed to lower the car 1.5", on eBay for around $100. Of course, they are still in the garage since the dealership quoted me $400 to install them and set everything right. But I'll get around to it someday.

I'll admit I did like the body kit when I looked at it... but for $1500, plus the cost of repainting the car, that'll have to wait even longer. Plus, I need more ICE so that's at the top of the list for now.

I'vt got Eibach's on my '93 STS, which lowered it about 1.5 " Installation isn't complicated at all. It's like changing springs on any car, with the addition of relocating the hiegth sensors on each side...a simple matter of drilling and tapping a hole a little distance from the original hole. Just follow the instructions that come with the springs, or go to thier websitse. All in all, in a shop with a lift, maybe 4 hours, add re-alignment for the front end to that.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Bob D and Blu-by-u, how did lowering it effect the ride quality? Same float as before or is it pretty firmed up?

Spence

Some may tell you that it 'stiffens' it up too much. On my application especially with the aftermarket Arnott shocks/struts, the ride and handling are excellent, IMO.

Looks cool too... ;)

user posted image

It firmed the ride quite a bit, very flat in the corners. I don't have the Arnott shocks/struts though. I did replace the front struts with delco and also very happy with the ride. I decided to stay with 16 inch rims rather than going larger with lower profile tires, was concerned that it might make the ride a little harsh. When I'm ready for new tires I will go larger though somewhere around a 255 or so.

> When I'm ready for new tires I will go larger though somewhere around a 255 or so.<

If you go to a '50' series tire (like I did, 255-50x16) that WILL make the ride a bit harsher.

BTW, 255-50x16 will give you almost the same diameter as the stock 225-60x16,with very little speedo error. It also puts a little over eight inches of rubber on the ground...

user posted image

Archived