CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

96 eldo ac issues

BrunoBrazil

hey fellas,

im back...i got the 1347 few days ago on my 96 eldo(sure enough low refrig...)i reset the code put in 2 cans and now the compressor cycles like 1 second on and 10 seconds off,not enough cold air of course and also it shuts down eventually with the famous 1347 back.i clear it and the cycle beggins untill code 1347 comes back on and compressor shuts down again...

any ideas?sensors?evacuate the system and refill?

also on the side note i only get air on my feet and on windshield ,i heard its a vaccum leak somewhere,but where should start looking?

thanks,

Bruno

hey fellas,

im back...i got the 1347 few days ago on my 96 eldo(sure enough low refrig...)i reset the code put in 2 cans and now the compressor cycles like 1 second on and 10 seconds off,not enough cold air of course and also it shuts down eventually with the famous 1347 back.i clear it and the cycle beggins untill code 1347 comes back on and compressor shuts down again...

any ideas?sensors?evacuate the system and refill?

also on the side note i only get air on my feet and on windshield ,i heard its a vaccum leak somewhere,but where should start looking?

thanks,

Bruno

Hey Bruno I had the same issue with the blower only blowing on the windshield and the floor and I accidentaly stumbled on a "t" vacuum fitting next to the firewall in front of the passenger side. The 5/32 size rubber vacuum lines were deteriorated thus releasing a small amount of air which when I replaced the "t" fitting and the vacuum lines in about 15 minutes that completely solved my problem. I hope this help so good luck.

well you need to get a ultrasonic leak detector to see where the leak is coming from, 2 most common things that leak fast is condensor andd pressure switch on the back side of the engine toward the passenger side.

Now there is another thing, you said the compressor kicks on for 1 second ad stays off for 10 seconds, that means it is overcharged and what happens is the compressor will engage and the high pressure switch will disengage the system to prevent damage.

If your freon wasa low the compressor would kick on and off consistently,

If I do have it correct your system callss for 2.0lbs freon and you absolutely do not want to overcharge the system

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Sounds like there's a major leak. Check that condenser face for oily areas which would indicate a leak. Also visually inspect the refrigerant lines - any oily/dirty areas may also indicate a leak.

HR-6/HD-6 compresors can leak at the body o-rings. Inspect the compressor - if the clutch face is oily/greasy, the problem is most likely a leaking shaft seal. If the case is all wet/oily, the leak is at the compressor body o-rings.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived