CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

how do u change abs brake module , getting code tc0027

deville92

I had the codes tc0025 and tc0027 appear on my dash. i changed the hub with a brand new one, and connected everything back how it was. The code tc0025 went away but the code tc0027 still appears. I was told to change the abs brake pump module and i wanted to know how to change it??

I'm not at all familiar with OBD I codes but no one has started a reply, so I'm doing what I can based on my experience with my 1997 Eldorado and my OBD I DTC list. From your codes as posted, I have these candidates:

OBD I Codes

T025 LF Wheel Speed Sensor Fault

R025 Initiator Circuit Short to Ignition

S025 Right Rear Damper Solenoid Valve Short to B+

P025 (E025) (Ignition Control Module) 24x Reference Low Indicator

I027 PRND321 switch failure

T027 LF Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

S027 Right Rear Solenoid open circuit

P027 (E027) Open throttle signal switch

GM Manufacturer DTCs

DTC 25 Pass. Air Bag Deploy. Loop Short to Voltage

DTC 27 Blower Motor Voltage Low or Open Circuit

I don't have any OBD II codes of the form X0025 or X0027.

I think what you're getting is T025 and T027. The connector to the LF wheel speed sensor is apparently loose. The wheel speed sensor is in the center of the hub. It's hard to see and get to unless the car is jacked up or on a rack. There is nothing in these codes that would tell me that you need a TCS pump/module, or that changing the TCS pump/module -- which would cost several hundred dollars -- would fix the car.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Yea. but i already changed the wheel hub with a brand new one. the line is connected good. unless the line from the car itself to the hub has a tear in it. Before i installed the new hub. the abs and traction control light would stay on 90% of the time. now that i replaced the hub. the light does the opposite. it stay off 90% of the time. I dont get it?, is my car adjusting itself to the new wheel hub??

It sounds to me like the connector is working better with the new sensor but the contacts are still flaky. See if you can clean and tighten up the contacts on the connector.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

It sounds to me like the connector is working better with the new sensor but the contacts are still flaky. See if you can clean and tighten up the contacts on the connector.

What should i use to clean it??

electronic contact cleaner, and put some dielectric grease in the connector to prevennt corrosion. And I would Ohm test the hub assembly as many of these NEW replacement Hub assembies are very cheaply manufactured and can be out of spec causing th light to come on. I have seen many bad right out of the box

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived