CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rear struts

johnnydone

i understand that there is a site on this board thatshows pics of the installation of the rear struts on a 1997 cadilloac how do i get to it thanks john :huh::blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I assume you mean the rear shock absorbers. If they are like my car, a 95 deville concours then you need a socket with a star bit and a 11/16 or close to that box wrench for the top. Be careful with the star bit becasue if you booger up the shaft, you will have a terrible time getting the shocks off. One did that to me and it was hell getting it off. Hopefully you live in a rust free state.

I posted a Power Point presentation I created when I replaced my rear shocks on my 93' STS.

I think yours would be the same.

The tool you need to hold the shock shaft with is a Torx bit. In the presentation I have noted the size needed.

1993 STS Rear Passive Shock Installation

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I am waiting for replacement OEM front springs, they should be here this week. I will then try and do a similar "how to" for them.

I was going to put in a set of Eibach Pro Springs. I put in the rear springs and although the car looked great, I didn't like the ride, a bit too stiff for me.

So I have a set of Eibach Pro Springs that I will be offering for sale soon.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I was unable to access it but it should probably be put in the FAQ section from what everyone is saying.

I may be wrong but you may need powerpoint on your machine to access it, do you have powerpoint? Mike

Powerpoint is not needed. It exports the presentation straight to graphics and HTML (and other types of Internet code). I bet the problem is Larry's brower may not be handling the spaces in the path name correctly. Larry, what browser are you running?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Browser? Ask me something I understand like brakes :lol: UH, Netscape. Is that a browser? I am not computer illiterate. I am computer stupid :D

That may be the reason why you are unable to view the powerpoint, if you go to the address with Internet Explorer you may be able to view it.. Mike

Archived