CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Had the message Low Refridgerant Than AC Compressor Off . I wish to check valoes but the compressor does not appearto be starting. I recieved those messenges a week ago and at that time I took all the readings and pressure , oil OK called for freon added to requiered leve everything fine! This week same messages went to test and the guage showed 150 lbs I dont think the compressor starte when i tried to check ; Is it possible the compressor needs to be reset in order to service WANT TO ADD SOME LEAK DETECTION but pressure on low side was at 150

Dying in Florida Heat

Thank You

Barry

You can reset the codes from the A/C controls (see link in my signature block for instructions). This will allow the compressor to start and run long enough to add some Freon.

Before you add leak detector, you might have the system looked at by someone with a sniffer, or see if you can find one to rent yourself. These will find leaks that you will never see with leak detector, which IMHO isn't worth much except for cracked hoses and pinholes in the condenser. Most leaks are in the seals, and leak detector won't help because you can't see in there.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

150 psi sounds like a static pressure (compressor not running). If you add refrigerant and it works fine for a few days and then the LOW REFRIGERANT message comes back, the system has a leak.

An electronic leak detector will tell you where the system is currently leaking, UV dye will indicate where it has leaked or where there is a leak that won't leak all the time but will leak enough to drain the refrigerant.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You can reset the codes from the A/C controls (see link in my signature block for instructions). This will allow the compressor to start and run long enough to add some Freon.

Before you add leak detector, you might have the system looked at by someone with a sniffer, or see if you can find one to rent yourself. These will find leaks that you will never see with leak detector, which IMHO isn't worth much except for cracked hoses and pinholes in the condenser. Most leaks are in the seals, and leak detector won't help because you can't see in there.

Jim I went into thash codes as I have before but I am not sure What to do to reset the AC. My caddy is a 95 and the info on your link didn't seem to address a 95 computer system. I may have missed it if I did I apologize.

I don't know how to reset the codes for OBD I. You can look at this link:

There are some instructions there on clearing OBD I codes. I find them less than crystal-clear and don't have a car to try them on, but you might be able to print them out and work with your car to do it. Or, someone here with familiarity with clearing OBD I codes can step in.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thankyou again for this info also. Mission Accomplished. Barry

Archived