CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'99 Deville to Fleetwood or Brougham?

Grebus

I'm considering selling/trading in my '99 Deville and looking for a Fleetwood ('93-'96) or Brougham ('90-'92) with low miles. Wanted to get some opinions on the older vehicles--I had a '91 Brougham and loved it until it was stolen and stripped! I've also been very happy with the Deville, but I have a new baby so it's time for the wife to have a newer car. The Deville has better trade-in value than her current car.

I have a '93 Fleetwood Brougham and love it. It has many more features over the '90-'92 Brougham. (heated seats, traction control, speed sensitive stereo volume, oil life monitor, etc.) My only regret was not waiting until the '94s with the LT-1 engine were out.

I would look for a '94-'96. The '96s are relatively rare since production stopped mid-year 1996.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I'd go with the 96 Fleetwood, preferrably with the towing package. Only weak point is the optispark on the LT1 I think, and some issue with the final drive/rear axle as I recall at 80k miles. But the car is v similar to the Impala SS, and although very heavy has lots and lots of room.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I would look for a '94-'96. The '96s are relatively rare since production stopped mid-year 1996.

I believe Fleetwood production at Arlington ceased on November 27, 1996, well past the usual model year production date. '96s are indeed the rarest, as this was the 4th year for that body style. Cadillac did very little to promote the roomiest and longest regular production sedan in the world.

The 1980-92s have about the same usable room, have stronger bumpers and feel more nimble on the road. With all 4 corners visible, you can park with about an inch of clearance. :)

Archived