CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

fuel rail recall

sammi

I got my recall notice today about the recall on my 95 sts. They say they will "inspect and, if neceassary, replace the engine fuel rail..." Does this mean if it not leaking they will not replace it?

Anything about the 93 STS in the recall? I bought mine 2nd hand/private sale.

I suspect that the inspection is to determine if the fuel rail has already been replaced with a newer design (multi-layer tubing).

Yes -- in the guidance that came with the TSB, it says to inspect the tubing for the presence of some identifying marks. If they're there (meaning, the nylon tubing), they'll replace it. If they're not there, it means the rail has been previously replaced with a service part, which does not apparently have the deficiency of the OE units.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I got my recall notice today about the recall on my 95 sts.  They say they will "inspect and, if neceassary, replace the engine fuel rail..."  Does this mean if it not leaking they will not replace it?

You will receive a recall notice regardless if you were the original owner or not. I believe the mailing information is obtained from the current DMV records.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I got my recall notice today about the recall on my 95 sts.  They say they will "inspect and, if neceassary, replace the engine fuel rail..."  Does this mean if it not leaking they will not replace it?

The recall does not include the '93's. Only '95-'97.

Archived