CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2010 Cadillac DTS Platinum

Saw this 2010 Cadillac DTS Platinum today at Massey Cadillac on 635 in Dallas:

100_1174.JPG

Here was the window sticker; $61K new I guess is the maxed out DTS this year.

100_1173.JPG

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The 2010 DTS Platinum in that color combination is SUBLIME! The Platinum Edition of this car should have received much more marketing support from Cadillac--especially targeting the repeat Cadillac buyers wishing to replace their previous DTS's. I especially like the "Light Linen" Leather Interior, with its ultra-grade leather, and I wish that color and grade of leather was offered on the new CTS Coupes!

I am sorry I didn't get any interior shots; the dealer was closed when I noticed the DTS Platinum was there and shot the exterior & window sticker.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That car is identical to mine...same equipment and all...except for the interior color.

Mine is all Cashmere Leather.

OH..and it is 4 years and 80,000 miles, newer.

:D :D :D

Posted Image

That car is identical to mine...same equipment and all...except for the interior color.

Texas Jim, your car must must be a beauty, also--but it would be different to us Cadillac afficianados, having the "White Lightning" exterior color, since it is four years older, along with the Cashmere Leather interior (darker shade)and it looks like you have the Performance Wheels. The overall look of the 2010 DTS Platinum Edition with the White Diamond exterior color, along with the Light Linen "Tuscany" Leather interior is quite elegant, especially at dawn and dusk! This car just screams "CADILLAC!" For the Platinum Edition DTS's, either the Tuscany or Tehama grades of leather are offered, (the window sticker here indicates Tuscany Leather) along with the chromed inserts for the door handles, unique grill, unique floor mats and the suede-like headliner, plus unique wheels and some added equipment. My point was that these subtle changes may have induced some repeat Cadillac buyers to go for a 2010 model, instead of migrating to other marques. Once the customer leaves, it is much harder to gain them back! I'm reminded of the premiere funeral director in my city, and upon paying respects to someone recently, I discovered the proprietor has switched to two Lincoln MKS's for their fleet (after decades of Cadillacs only--most recently 2007 DTS's!) Unfortunately, with the financial restraints on GM, the Platinum Edition DTS has not received any advertising support.

Texas Jim, your car must must be a beauty, also--but it would be different to us Cadillac afficianados, having the "White Lightning" exterior color, since it is four years older, along with the Cashmere Leather interior (darker shade)and it looks like you have the Performance Wheels. The overall look of the 2010 DTS Platinum Edition with the White Diamond exterior color, along with the Light Linen "Tuscany" Leather interior is quite elegant, especially at dawn and dusk! This car just screams "CADILLAC!" For the Platinum Edition DTS's, either the Tuscany or Tehama grades of leather are offered, (the window sticker here indicates Tuscany Leather) along with the chromed inserts for the door handles, unique grill, unique floor mats and the suede-like headliner, plus unique wheels and some added equipment. My point was that these subtle changes may have induced some repeat Cadillac buyers to go for a 2010 model, instead of migrating to other marques. Once the customer leaves, it is much harder to gain them back! I'm reminded of the premiere funeral director in my city, and upon paying respects to someone recently, I discovered the proprietor has switched to two Lincoln MKS's for their fleet (after decades of Cadillacs only--most recently 2007 DTS's!) Unfortunately, with the financial restraints on GM, the Platinum Edition DTS has not received any advertising support.

You are right on the differences between the 2010 Platinum and my car.

I looked for one with Tehama or TUscany when I bought mine new.

There were none to be found.

The 2010 Platinum is the equivalent of the 2006 Performance Sedan with some very nice, additional, added upgrades... which I like very well.

I will be getting another Cadillac before too long.

The Platinum is on my short list... along with a "V" wagon.

Posted Image

Archived