CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Keys

kcd1184

Is there anywhere else to buy the special ignition key for my 94 Eldo besides the dealership?

I tried punching in the part number (26049423) at gmpartsdirect .com but came up blank.

Kent

Most places that make keys can make a key for you. That is, if there is someone that knows anything about keys. The key counter at K-marts may not work.

Where I live there is this guy at the swap meet that makes them for 15 dollars.

Vince P

The Ace hardware store near me has the key reader. They just insert your key and get a resistence reading so they know what key to sell you but they wanted $20. I got the key for $6+shipping ($2) from marcs lock and key at the link listed and had it cut at Ace for $1. It appears that marc raised his price a bit but still the best I've found.

Larry,

Just ordered a key from your suggested web site. $11.00 total. I checked two dealerships and they wanted $39 and $47 for that little key. I wonder if that price includes Vaseline?

Kent

• 2 weeks later...

Took a little while to receive the key that I ordered from the website Larry G. suggested. I had to communicate with them and they said they were in the middle of moving and my order had been overlooked. Got the key today and took it to be cut. $1.29 to cut plus $11.00 for the key and shipping. $12.29 total cost. I'd order from them again if I need to.

Kent

Archived