CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Caddy VS Semi

Rickster

Bad few days for traffic accidents on the Squamish Hwy. The last one was a later model Seville hitting a Semi Truck head on loaded with 50,000 lbs of concrete blocks at about 50-60 mph. The driver of the Seville was killed instantly. Condolences to the family of the victim. As for the Caddy..... May she rest in pieces.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

i am a truck driver myself and i also have owned a sts. it was totaled by a ford focus. go figure. well any way i have been hit atleast 6 times by 4 wheelers and i am still truckin' . by god's grace i can live to tell about. well i do know 1 was killed when he went under my trailer' i was loaded with 44,000 lbs of engine parts goin' to Mn anyway he tried to pass me on my blind side but he didn't know that i was also passing a vehicle. well long story short. he was drunk and the mustang with and edelbrock motor. in it didn't hold up to well tryin' to go under a loaded semi. we all need to take a chill and slow down out there with all that heavy traffic. and btw i am over 1,000,000 miles safe on the highway. i was never charged at fault and will always look out for you (us) 4 wheelers. and remeber BE PATIENT OR BECOME ONE the choice is yours. be safe and keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down. P E A C E

I tell ya...no kidding! The insurance companies are wanting to raise auto insurance rates in North Carolina by an average of 12% and there's total public outrage. I'm flabbergasted because the same people who outrage against the proposed rate hike (just about everybody) are the same people who tailgate me to work, on a cell phone, putting on the make up, causing all the property and medical damage to cause the rate hike in the first place. You'd think they get a dollar everytime they pass you and get back around you before they have to turn at the very next corner. Oh, and extra points for using no turn signal.

And it's all during the morning rush. If they're that excited and in that much of a hurry to get to work, I'd like to know what they do for a living, sheesh!!! <_>

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I know this site is more about car problems than safe driving...but once and a while it is healthy to talk about safe driving to remind us that we are not invinceble. Most of us own very powerful and fast cars. Treat that with respect. Luck is also involved here. It will look out for you if you pay heed to the above. I was about 20 cars behind this accident heading north. The Caddy was heading south. (the Caddy had crossed the center line) Were talking about 60 secounds between my position and the Semi's. When I left the office about 20 min. before, I had gone down the hall to get a coffee for a client. Took about a minute.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Twice a week I drive between Portland OR and Seattle WA on I-5. I used to be amazed but nothing fazes me much anymore. It's worse during the summer time. I've seen men and women blabbing away on cell phones completely incoherent to their surroundings. I've seen women applying there make up. Hell I've even seen people trying to read and balance their checkbooks while driving. I’ve seen frustrated drivers in the passing lanes because of a vehicle going slower that by all rights should be in the right lanes. I've seen people cut people off, block another car .... CRAZY!

Be careful out there!

Jim White

Archived