CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wheel locks

71corv

Just recently bought a 2007 CTS with the sports package. Has the 18" wheels and tires

that I hope will stay on the car. Does anyone here use the lug nut locks on their car?

Gene

Lug nut locks will barely slow down a determined thief. There are several videos on Youtube showing how to remove them. If you have expensive wheels it's best to at least have a garage to park in at night.

Determined thieves are not run of the mill - most of the miscellaneous theft around is done by people who aren't smart enough to make a real living - usually screwups of some sort.

If there's a real professional thief about, not much will deter him or her.

But for the average guy/girl with a jones of some sort, a spare jack, some blocks, and a lug wrench, locks will be beyond them. So, I use them, and so far, no one's stolen my wheels.

Ive had a few different styles and its beyond me how it could be easy to get any off. Ive had to take some off before because I lost the key and vise grips, hammering on sockets, nothing worked on these. I can only guess shops would weld something to them to get them off of cars that didnt have the key.

And like mentioned, theives are NOT smart. Anything that will slow down a theif will deter 90% of them. They want an easy, no hassle, quick steal. If its not, they will go find one that is.

I have some expensive daytons on one of my cars that parks outside. Knockoffs are fairly easy to remove but Id like to see someone jack up my car and put it on blocks while its sitting in my nearly 45 degree angle driveway :)

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Thanks for the info/help. Went ahead and installed the locks today. They were off of my "vette" and fit just fine. Don't have room in the garage for the CTS, so it's stay will be outside. Feel safer with the locks on the car,knowing any ruckus trying to remove the wheels should wake me up.

Gene

Thanks for the info/help. Went ahead and installed the locks today. They were off of my "vette" and fit just fine. Don't have room in the garage for the CTS, so it's stay will be outside. Feel safer with the locks on the car,knowing any ruckus trying to remove the wheels should wake me up.

Gene

Pretty good idea.

I didn't realize it would be parked outside all the time.

In that case... I would have locks also.

Posted Image

Archived