CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I do not have the service manual yet, but I do have the following codes, which were in history.

IRC-U1016, PCM P1599, SDM B 1001, TTM U1016. The car will sometimes die at a stop light and then immediately restart. Your help would be appreciated. . Thank you.

fRANEY

Crankshaft position sensors were bad in 2000 Northstars. Stalling at stop lights is a symptom of those.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Your year engine (2000+) can suffer from defective or early failure crankshaft position sensors which commonly displays as random stalling. Often whithout setting a crankshaft sensor specific code.

The only Powertrain (P) code you report does not tell you anything you don't already know;

P1599 - Engine Stall or Near Stall Detected.

There are two ways to go from here:

1) Live with it.

2) Replace both crankshaft position sensors.

Replacing the sensors is a DIY job if you are tooled up and willing to get under the car to remove a few pieces to get at the sensors.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I do not have the service manual yet, but I do have the following codes, which were in history.

IRC-U1016, PCM P1599, SDM B 1001, TTM U1016. The car will sometimes die at a stop light and then immediately restart. Your help would be appreciated. . Thank you.

fRANEY

Here is link to decipher DTC's. Hope it helps. Has help me to no end.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html