CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Nissan GTR spits up Engine; $55K to replace

Bruce Nunnally

after less than a month driving my GTR after my perfect gearbox rebuilt, i was cruising today on 3rd gear, then i decided to shift to second gear to overtake a car, i down shifted , car accelerates like a missile, then 1 k before cutoff i hear a uninterupted sound like trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr coming from the engine, and some smoke going out of the engine, i look at the oil pressure and oil light in dash they are ok , i look in my rear view mirror and i see oil , i shift to neutral shut down the car and go to the side of the road to stop. i get down of the car open the engine from where smoke is going out, and i see all the oil under the car... at that point i was CONVINCED its an oil pipe that is broken, i called road service to get towed, go to the workshop, and... guess what............ broken cylinder block...... something seems to have broken on the crank, or piston or pushrods and made a big mess..the block is broken on both sides, i guess the broken part blew off left then right.. i was running on AP stage 2 97 version 2.0

the bad news:

- i got AP , Y pipe and 5zigen, car is already blacklisted and out of warranty :( :(

-new engine is 55,000 us$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!

-i'm really really pissed

-i hate nissan management!

-we don't know yet the extent of the damage inside the engine

Read More: http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=36946&st=0

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived