CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

key fob

flashsam9

Open the FOB and the procedure should be molded in the inside of the cover as instructions for changing the battery.

I DID NOT BUY THE FOB BRAND NEW I HAD ONE ALREADY THAT WILL WORK JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM IT PLEASE IF YOU CAN LEAD ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Open the FOB and the procedure should be molded in the inside of the cover as instructions for changing the battery.

I DID NOT BUY THE FOB BRAND NEW I HAD ONE ALREADY THAT WILL WORK JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM IT PLEASE IF YOU CAN LEAD ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I think he means the instructions will be on the inside of the key fob.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

I think he means the instructions will be on the inside of the key fob.

The instructions are not inside the remote, The resyncronization procedure is inside the remote.

You need to turn the key on with the engine off,

press and hold the off and warmer temp buttons together for 3 seconds and then a diagnostics mode will appear on the instrument cluster, Wait for it to cycle and then press the the temp down button till the RKE? option appears,

When it appears press the warmer button once, then you must press the temp down button till it prompts you to press the button on the fob that programs it.

It has been awhile since i have done it but if you know how to access the DIagnostics on the cluster it is fairly self explanitory

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

The instructions are not inside the remote, The resyncronization procedure is inside the remote.

press and hold the off and warmer temp buttons together for 3 seconds and then a diagnostics mode will appear on the instrument cluster, Wait for it to cycle and then press the the temp down button till the RKE? option appears,

When it appears press the warmer button once, then you must press the temp down button till it prompts you to press the button on the fob that programs it.

It has been awhile since i have done it but if you know how to access the DIagnostics on the cluster it is fairly self explanitory

Just for the record with the hope that future readers looking for assistance will actually read this far into the topic.

The original poster was asking for information related to a 2001 Seville.

Instructions for a 1996 Deville do not apply to a 2001 Seville. Period.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Just for the record with the hope that future readers looking for assistance will actually read this far into the topic.

The original poster was asking for information related to a 2001 Seville.

Instructions for a 1996 Deville do not apply to a 2001 Seville. Period.

I bought 2 fobs for my 03' Deville and was told they had be performed by a dealer or someone with a TechII scan tool, anyway dealer did it for me free as a courtesy when my i had CKP sensors relearned to car.

Archived