CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Front brake question

Are there only 2 bolts holding the caliper on? I loosened 2 bolts on the back of the caliper with an allen wrench but the caliper still doesnt want to come off. I have pulled the caliper half way off but itsreally stuck on there good. The pads seem to be right up against the rotor. First of all I thought the pads were bad cus my breakes are squeaking but they look fine to me. Whats going on? Did I miss a step? Ill post pics in a few. Thanks

Ok rek had it. All I had to do was take the cap off of the master cy. God I love this group. Post a question and get an answer within minutes! Thats better than my dealership! haha. So the caliper came right off and my pads look new along with the rotor? Why are my brakes squeaking then? Also why did i just add quite a bit of brake fluid? I dont see any leaks...yet....

take off the caliper mounting bolts?pins and put a lot of brake grease in the bushings so that the pins slide really smooth . this is important.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Go to the auto parts store and get a couple of packs of stop squeek for brakes. It's a little package of this goop. You take off your brake pads and put some of the goop on the back of the pad, then put the pad back on. It usually stops brake squeeks.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Archived