CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Comment

rjhat

I have had my 97 Deville Concours now for about 6 months. I traded a 96 saturn in for it and I paid an additional 10 G's. I wondered at first if I had paid too much for it, but after driving it this long - its worth every penny! I've never seen a serious luxury car that could (and has) put some pretty nice sports cars in the dust. Don't get me wrong, I don't really race, except for a few chance encounters on the morning commute to work. I was lucky enought that the guy I bought it from agreed to put new front struts on it ($835) before I purchased. The northstar engine really is a work of art. A 300 hp 295 lb torque engine that is as smooth as glass! How many engine manufacturers can boast this? All wrapped up in a silky, leather laiden capsule of joy. I never knew why cadillac owners were such fanatics. I guess the joke was on me! Cadillac definitely has the right mixure of both performance and luxury. And this car is 7 years old. Makes you wonder how you could have ever been happy with less. Now, if only I had an STS...

You sound like I think. I no sooner get a new Caddy than I begin to wish and wonder about what I'm going to get next.

My first Caddy was a 93 STS and I really loved it. I like my 2000 STS but it doesn't give me the thrill that the 93 did. I don't know if it's because it's my second one or if its because I have never liked the styling of the 98+ models as well. Then I get thinking about how really spoiled I am and I forget about it for awhile.

I'm with you guys. I'll never forget the first Caddy (96 Deville) I drove. That ride in that thing was as smother than the prom queens thighs and ran like a scalded dog when you mashed the pedal to the floor. It seems my 2001 is not quite as zippy but then again ... maybe it was that first impression!

Jim White

I had a 97 Concours that got rearended pushed onto a rock pile & was declared "totaled". I have to say that I miss the additional space that the Concours had compared to the STS. Sort of think now I should have gotten a DTS. Oh well....Always something to look forward to.

And dont get me wrong...I'm not complaining. The STS has been trouble free and I do DRIVE it.

I think the same way! I always thought Caddys were old and slow, but now, I love them! I never think I will own anything other than a Caddy! Performance and luxury all in one! :D

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

I'll never forget when I saw the '92 STS on the cover of Motor Trend. Woah, look at those sharp lines! Look at the sinister yet elegant grille! Come '93, check out that DOHC Northstar V-8 engine! Oooooh!

I'll always love the 92-97 generation Sevilles, and I feel very fortunate to be able to own and drive one.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived