CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Problem Solved!

Jeff

B) Once again- this board has saved me a bundle!

Thanks to Jadcock, I fixed my Fuel Pressure Regulator without spending a penny!

Several of you have replied to my "Hard to start" posts and ALL of you helped me in some way. Jadcock told me about the o-rings in it, and I took the top off, put the o-rings back on (like they were meant to be), popped the top back on, and it now starts like a new one every time! Took me about a minute...

What would I do without you?!

Jeff

Awesome! When I had that problem, it was this board (actually, the old board) that told me to check the o-rings on the bottom of the FPR because it sounded like they weren't sealing. Turns out, one of them was torn, and I had to buy the re-seal kit. Glad you didn't have to spend anything!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff/Jason - I was just getting ready to order a new FPR but it sounds like it pays to check the o-rings. Any trick to this check? My hard start problem is when the engine is warm - not cold, not hot, but in between. When it is warm it takes 3-4 cranks to fire up and it always smells rich afterwards. Always starts the first time when it is either cold or hot (recently driven (<15 minutes) Is this the symptom that you had? Mine is a 95. Thanks.

If there is no fuel dripping out of the FPR nipple while the engine is idling, the FPR is probably OK.

My '96 SLS has the same symptoms as your car - it will take a long crank to start after it sits with a warm engine. When have time...I am going to pull the fuel rail and watch each injector with the ignition in the "run" position to see if any of them are leaking. Maybe I'll just have the Cadillac dealer check it when they replace the fuel rail under recall. <_<

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived