CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How to keep my interior clean?

Poobah

The interior of my Eldo is two-tone beige. I call it the default color because, probably 80% of all Cadillac interiors are that color. My only complaint is that it is like a dirt magnet. I wash it out and, before I know it, it looks grimy dirty again.

I'm a clean living guy with a desk job and I can't imagine where the grime comes from.

I am wondering if anybody else has this problem and more importantly, does anybody have any sugestions on how to deal with it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Well I have black leather in the inside. Hides dirt pretty good. I'm anal about clean as well. All I do is wipe all surfaces with a warm soapy cloth and water. I find the best soap is the one the wife uses in the shower to clean her skin. Smells good and keeps things clean. The wife uses it and I sleep with her. LOL

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

I have been using Lexol PH Leather Cleaner followed with Lexon Leather Conditioner on two cars for the past 9 year. It does an excellent job, does not change the color (darken) and, after a coat of conditioner, I rarely have to condition it again. It give it a nice soft glow and is easier to keep clean after the coat of conditioner.

I use Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. First, I wipe down the leather with a slightly damp towel, to remove any dirt. Then, I apply the GC with my hand (as in no rag). Next, I give it a rub down with a clean, dry, towel. It works for me! BTW, it's an Eldo with the shale color interior.

rek

I use saddle soap for the grime, and finish off with Meguires leathercare. It doens't leave a shiny surface per se, but a nice, dull, clean surface. Also keeps things supple - you don't want to encourage cracking.

Mine is that tan color as well and need's be cleaned. I bought the Lexol to see if it would lift the dirt which it didn't in the little area I tried.

I thought I read in one of the posts to try mineral spirits...... Am I dreaming this???? In any event I haven't tried that yet.

Dennis

Dennis

I use Tanner's Preserve Leather Cleaner to clean the leather. Then, I use meguiar's leather conditioner. Also, on occasion, in summer, I'll spray some good quality tanning oil on the leather, and let the sun cook it in for a few hours, and then wipe off any left over. I know it sounds strange, but if it works on people to keep their skin from getting dry and cracked, I figure it should be ok on leather. Also, the smell of the cocoa based tanning oils is, to me, close in scent to the smell of the "nuance" substance that cadillac impregnates into the leather during production. I wish my GMC truck had that smell impregnated into its leather.

-Dan

Thank you for all the suggestions. (Now I have something to do this weekend!)

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived