CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

During my trunk exploration, WTF is this?

bigfoo

What in the WORLD is this?

It's a metal plate, has some sort of wire going to it.. it's not connected to anything else as far as i can tell? What purpose does this serve?

Things like this are impossible to find in the service manual :>

trunk9.jpg

LOL!! It's on the top of the trunk under the ledge behind the back seat. I guess if the trunk isn't totally full of water, it trips a code :>

It will be one of the TW codes (trunk water). I think its a TW308 if the water is only in the spare well. If it gets higher than that, it triggers a TW622. When the water starts flowing out of the trunk lid, it triggers a TW666.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

:lol::lol:

well, if we cannot understand how water gets in the trunk we should rather take measures to not let it leak out! :lol:

BTW, what the fu..k is WTF?

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Never consider water in your trunk to be a bad thing. It's an added feature similar to having a built in swimming pool, bathtub or the likes.

;)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Ahah.. this is great :) I take it nobody has any clue what it is :>

I think Guru left us, he's spending his time on caddyforums :/

do you know what it is? i have a few guesses, maybe something to do with a radio or cell phone, something about radio waves.. betcha \i could guess if i saw what it looked like outta the car.

Bbobinski is bust sharing knowledge, you see the thread.. he wrote in a letter to the editor in car craft magazine, meaning to go read that (the mag)

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2478

It even has a part number on it, which i can't look up even on ac delco's web site. 25664477 ........ i'm still stumped. Maybe it's the antenna for the on star system lolol

Could be a mini coax.. It's pretty small. But it's just a square piece of sheet metal that's 'loose' .. very odd for an antenna

Look like a mswm (moisture sensing water magnet ) to me. I think its programable in the dic push the off and warmer buttons after the trouble codes are displayed pressing the hi button will take you through the codes stop at wtf. You can now adjust the moisture in the trunk, range is gobe desert to noahs ark. It took me a long time to get up the nerve to send this

Where can you look up part numbers? I have several things on the car that have numbers on it like this that i have no clue what it is :) How can a piece of sheet metal be an antenna? I mean, I know it CAN be an antenna, but it just seems odd that it would just be a square piece of sheet metal with a wire attached, doesn't it?

BTW> The posts are great :) We have some good humour ! :>

bigfoo,

The way a piece of metal can be an antenna is if you were Cadillac how much would you spend on the antenna? The least you possibly could! That's how much...!

To answer your question, 'how could it be an antenna'...Are you too young to remember the building and non-completion of the U.S. embassy in Moscow(?), or was it the Soviet embassy in Washington, where the I-Beam structure was designed to be a huge antenna...? :lol:

CadiKing> I know it CAN be an antenna.. I guess the question was, how could they get away with that for a GPS or something..

Adallak> Ummm.. Yea the car is metallic green.. Look at my other post that says 'some pics of my car if interested' It's green with little sparkly things in it like the trunk lid :>

bobbinksi is busy sharing knowledge, i dont have the mag either.. meant to go hang out at the magazine rack.. chicks walk by an i'll point -- "i've corresponded with this man you know" .. "ohh caddy, can we go for a ride" .. "why yes, yes we can"

that moscow I beam thing is cool !.. ive read about that

Adallak> Ummm.. Yea the car is metallic green.. Look at my other post that says 'some pics of my car if interested' It's green with little sparkly things in it like the trunk lid :>

too bad... if it were red the local fire department might be very interested in it :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived