CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

FastChip

I was intrigued to read a comment about the FastChip being available for my 94 STS... and even more so to find our man Bruce quoted on the FastChip website raving about their product.

So exactly what is involved with making this modification to my car, aside for the $160 or so for the actual chip? Can I do this myself with reasonable skills?

When I contacted FastChip about my 93 DeVille 4.9, they told me that it's basically a "plug and play" deal. Pull out the factory PROM (under the dash-passener's side), and plug in the FastChip. They also cautioned me about upgrading the tires on the car, as the chip would give me a top end of about 136 MPH.

Haven't done it yet, as I've just completed a job change and move from NY to Florida, so I've had some more pressing issues to deal with. Be sure to post your results if you decide to do it.

Cheers,

Tim

It said something on the website about removing the speed limiter... wasn't sure if that was something I needed to do, or that would be done as a result of replacing the chip.

I believe that the speed limiter is in the chip so when you replace the factory chip with a "super chip" it automatically removes the limiter. The chip can only be removed in certain Cadillacs. After a certain year, and I don't remember what year it is, the box that the chip is in is sealed and supposedly can't be accessed but I don't know if this is true or not. I know that in my car, 92 Seville, the chip can be replaced.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

anyone know how to order one? i went to their site and couldnt find anything for my car

You can order a custom chip at that site, call them up for details and to see if they can do it for your car.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

If I installed a FASTCHIP in my 92 Seville SLS with the 4.9L engine, what could I expect in the area of performance for my car? Anyone know?

bruce n. put some kind of chip in his 4.9... check the old site. Guru always says just bump timing and use premium and save some money...

bruce n. put some kind of chip in his 4.9... check the old site. Guru always says just bump timing and use premium and save some money...

but 160 aint bad at all..im sure you would be able to feel the difference, my brother has a diablo chip in his rustang and the difference in feel is phenominal

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure that ALL of the 1994 STS's came with the Z-rated tires as standard equipment.

It wasn't until a few years later that the STS came standard with the H-rated tires with the Z-rated tires as an extra-cost option.

• 5 months later...
Does anyone have a fastchip for 4.6L Northstar. If so, can you feel the differance! And do you have to get a custom chip for the Northstar.

There was one on the for sale items not sure if they sold it or not here check ypur email im sending info on one i just found okay?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Archived