CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Heat works?

acklac7

Ok well I squeezed the outlet hose real good in order to see if any coolant was coming out....and ever since then the heat has been working....strange...haven't checked to see if indeed their is a good flow coming from the outlet pipe...but air if definitley hot....strange huh? Ill give it a couple days and see what happens

post-3-1075686711.jpg

A.J.

Thanks....I take extremly good care of her.....85% of people that inquire think that it is a 2003 eldorado....then I tell them its almost 10 years old and thier jaws drop and they get the "how in the hell?" look on there face....only problem is that it is worth about $8,000 @70,000 miles....but I will never sell it...simply is worth too much to me, if I could get $20,000 id think about it, but $8,000!! WAY too much car for $8,000...oh yeah bought it in 2000 @ $13,900 with 38,000, its funny, I run into people with brand new civics and mustangs, they cant belive that they paid more for there car than I did for mine...

A.J.

The only problem with what you did is that the restriction is now in your water pump or radiator. Wouldn't hurt to drain, flush, and refill coolant when it gets warmer.

I have slightly neglected the coolant system since I bought the car in late 2000 ( didnt know jack about cars, let alone working on them...I was only 18). But have been taking extremly good care of her for about a year and a half. Anyway the heat gave out again today so I went and flushed it with a garden hose.....it gets nice and toasty now :) also I am planning on changing the coolant soon because I have been getting little spots under the front bumper (left and right side....end tanks possibly?) Is the dex-cool pre mix 50/50 ok? I hope so I already bought it...and I got the pellets standing by!.......once agian THANKS!, without this site I would be clueless, it still amazes my dad that I can make a post about a problem with my car and within 24 hours I can have the problem diagnosed and then fixed....I love this site!........almost forgot....I saw what appeard to be a sensor coming off of the wiring harness above the heater core....I saw were it could clasp into something but it wasn't plugged into anything.....does this sound strange? thanks

A.J.

I don't know where you live; but if its anything like it is around here, your really need the heat on a full time basis. Good luck.

almost forgot....I saw what appeard to be a sensor coming off of the wiring harness above the heater core....I saw were it could clasp into something but it wasn't plugged into anything.....does this sound strange? thanks

The wiring for the heated windshield looks "extra" if you don't have the heated windshield.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

You've been changing the coolant regularily in that 95, right??  It needs it every 2-3years/24-32K miles.  Just drain and refill with fresh 50/50 green, silicated coolant/distilled water.

The green silicated anti freeze is NOT DEXCOOL.

rek

Yeah I already got the manual....and man am I amazed at how the car works, major high-tech....and its almost 10 years old! As for "slightly neglecting coolant" I have changed it once (about 8 months ago)... the heater core went out 2 months after I got it and the dealer changed it, 6 months later it went out AGIAN and the dealer changed it, then 4 months lter it went out AGIAN (dealer was found to be incompetent (in my opinion) and they changed the fluid......so I guess the coolant system hasn't really been neglected, just hasn't had a good history.....and Guru...I could have swarn you made a post about how the silicates from the factory fill plate the inside of the block and that it really doesnt matter what coolant you use after the factory fill since the inside of the block is already plated.....also my ex-dealer said they called the factory ( after the heater core went out 3 times) and the factory said to use the dex-cool....agian they lie and are incompetent and I dont trust them for squat but I have been using the dex for about 2 years without any major problems, aside from the clogged core.

A.J.

Archived