CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

3L CTS to have a variant tuned to 30+ mpg?

[Tell Fritz site]

Why would you make a Cadillac CTS with a twin turbo V12 instead of a fuel efficient diesel or hybrid engine? Are you trying to go bankrupt - again? I’ve been waiting for years to see a more efficient CTS so I can buy it, then I see the V12. thanks4nothing

Dear Phil - I do not know where you are getting your information, but the CTS does not have, and will not have, a twin turbo V12. The CTS is in fact offering a new 3.0 L direct injected engine for 2010 that, at 27mpg highway, will be one of the most fuel efficient vehicles in its segment. We also plan a special model of this car and engine for the spring that will use some light- weight, aero, tire and powertrain modifications to achieve a segment leading 30mpg highway.

-Bryan Nesbitt, General Manager, Cadillac

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Twin-turbo V12 CTS? Who is this guy - Sacha Baron Cohen???

Actually, the twin-turbo V12 is going into the Chevrolet Aveo. Ford is coming back with a DOHC V89 in an SVO Focus. Rumor has it that Chrysler has a 250 hp DOHC 4 ready in their GEM, and Toyota is readying a Lexus DOHC 4.6 l V8 for its Prius. But I have my ace in the hole, come race day at Atco.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

BMW is fielding a twin-turbo V12 for the 7 series; still makes fewer hp than the LSA engine in the CTS-V however (terrific engine the LSA). The orig poster perhaps got confused by articles that compared the different high-end cars.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube