CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

why cant I upload an avatar?

Uffe6y

It's been a while since I've done mine, but I think the avatar has to be real small...like 60x60 pixels or 15 Kb or something like that. I'm not sure on the actual numbers, but it needs to be a real small graphic. Perhaps the one you're trying to load is too large?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

It's been a while since I've done mine, but I think the avatar has to be real small...like 60x60 pixels or 15 Kb or something like that. I'm not sure on the actual numbers, but it needs to be a real small graphic. Perhaps the one you're trying to load is too large?

jadcock pretty much summed it up. Your pic for the avatar can not exceed 64x64 pixels and no larger then 20kb. Like he said "has to be real small". Also keep in mind that the selected pic needs to be saved as the correct file type (jpg,png,etc). BMP files won't work here, however, a great way to save pics otherwise. A good example here is the pic you posted (nice wheels by the way). Its dimensions are 433x326, much too large for an avatar. I like the pic.... just use photo shop or another program to shrink it down. Note: save the pic as a BMP or PNG before trying to resize it or you'll lose a lot of info and then save the finished pic back as a jpg. Well that was a bit long winded. I'm going to lie down for awhile.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Thanks for the tip on shrinking it down KG. I couldn't figure out why I was losing so much definition... It was because I was just trying to work with .jpg alone. I'll be up for a new Avatar now! :D

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Uff is from Sweden, so I looked for TJOHO on

http://www.freedict.com/onldict/swe.html

It could not find it, so it might be a Swedish acronym. In that case - we're all in trouble. Might be able to quasi-translate from other web context, but then again, I have enough trouble in English from time to time. <_<

Other sites seem to allude to some sort for greeting. One site in particular stated something like "Drink more and aim better - Tjoho".

Tjoho! can't be too bad I figured ! :P

Uff has posted before about his tires/wheels and in particular the extra width (note the protrusion beyond the fenders). Assuming these are the tires/wheels, I was wondering if if there were any problems (legal or mechanical).

Just how did he get a Caddy over there anyway?

Must not be to hard to find in a parking lot...

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Hey guys

Tjoho is like your "yipipkayeee"...when i figured out how to get the avatar next to my name..

About my wheels so are they to fat for the swedish rules... but what the heck...and its no problem with the mechanical....and to import a caddy is no problems here,,,,the americans are so glad to get rid of one of those gasdrinking monsters so ,,,,,,,,

Archived