CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cruise control stopped working and Heat Shield rattling

First, thanks to Jims_97, Texas Jim and Ranger for helping me out with my last question (sticking hood release) a few months back!

I come today with a couple of issues:

1) Cruise Control

Criuse has always worked fine, but when I went to engage it last week, nothing happened. I tried moving the switch to off and back to the on position before setting again, but no luck. When trying to set cruise, no messages were displayed in the DIC (not the usual "cruise control engaged"). There doesnt appear to be a cruise control fuse... could it just be a worn out switch? Restarting the car didn't help, and I am trying at normal driving speeds.

2) Heat Shield Rattling

A couple years back, I left the car in a remote location and some critters pulled the insultation from between the heat shields and the bottom of the car. Now the heat shields rattle like crazy under some conditions (ie warm temperatures, some load on engine). I'm not overly worried about operating without the insulation in place (I already have for a couple years), but would like to stop the rattling. Is there any type of heat resistant foam that could be sprayed? Any ideas as to how much new insulation would cost and how hard it would be to install?

Thanks for the help!

-Chris

There has to be a fuse for it. I'd locate and check that first. Then look at switches and plugs. I think yours is still vacuum operated. Check the vacuum servo under the hood and be sure that the chain is still connected.

I assume you are talking about the CAT heat shield? There must be some type of insulation you can get.

There has to be a fuse for it. I'd locate and check that first. Then look at switches and plugs. I think yours is still vacuum operated. Check the vacuum servo under the hood and be sure that the chain is still connected.

I assume you are talking about the CAT heat shield? There must be some type of insulation you can get.

Looks like I missed it the first time... turns out the cruise control fuse is in the engine compartment fuse block IGN3, I will check it tomorrow.

Yup, I'm looking for a CAT heat shield (or foam or whatever will work). Any suggestions? B)

Thanks for the quick reply!

-Chris

While driving at normal speed...just "BEFORE" trying to engage the cruise control...pull "UP" on the brake pedal with your toe.

It could be touching the brake light switch and keeping the cruise from engaging.

Posted Image

Archived