CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stability engaged and codes help please?

My car is 1998 Deville Concours.

2 days ago while driving under wet conditions(rain)the stability engaged and a grinding sound came from the front wheels(I am taking it was the ABS kicking in to prevent a spin).The stability engaged light was on,on the dash.

I stopped the car and turned off the ignition and restarted,no message on dash and drove home 10 km highway with no problems.

Wife takes car out that night,starts car and gets stability service message.

She has to go to work and drives there,car is fine on highway but at slower speeds under 70 kmh in city the car stability engages and goes through the grinding again,I warned her but it still scares the crap out of her.(roads are damp).

She parks car and works all night and drives home in the morning-no stability service light and no stability engagement.

I then take car after she gets home and drive 15 km to the City,no stability engagement light and no stability engagement.(roads are dry).

I park car for 4 hrs and then drive it home(roads are dry),no stability service lights and no engagement.

At present no lights on dash.

I get home and pull codes.

Get.

PO440 History

PO603 History

B1552 History

B1983 History

U1255 Current

C1282 History - Yaw rate sensor bias circuit malfunction. No idea what this is,searched everywhere for info on here.

Should i be worried about all of these codes and is it ok to drive(appears to be)till I get to a shop.

I originally thought it might be the steering position sensor before reading the codes.

No work done to car except front pads and rotors in June/09.

Does anyone know where the Yaw sensor is located in the car and if I can replace it?(found it,on the underside of trunk,part #25678192.

If so where can I get one,as my GMC dealer has it listed as discontinued.

If anyone has some ideas as to what might be wrong your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

The yaw sensor monitors the vehicle for sort of fish tailing and the stabilitrak will pulse the appropriate brakes to straighten the vehicle out. You need to find out what is up with the yaw sensor check connections

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Thanks you guys for the help.

I have checked and cleaned the connections that are on the underside of the trunk,as for where the wires go and how the other end is,I have no idea where to look.

Thanks

Archived