CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

change programed names

wiz6728

I just brought a 98 sls & was wondering if anyone knows how to reprogram it? My names not Walt. Lol

Thanks by the way its a sweet ride had to do the headgasket tho but for 800 I'm not complaining

Wiz DRIVE IT LIKE YOU own it!!!!!! 1967 chevy II ( FOR SALE!!!!) 1995 Lexus Es 300 1998 SLS

Sorry "Walt" I didn't realize that nobody replied to your post until now. The reprogramming of this feature must be done by using the TechII programmer. A handheld device normally found only at a dealership. You can't do this from the DIC.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Lol. Thanks for the info guess ill have to contact the dealer.

Wiz DRIVE IT LIKE YOU own it!!!!!! 1967 chevy II ( FOR SALE!!!!) 1995 Lexus Es 300 1998 SLS

Yeap. Only the GM Tech 2 can program the IPC message.

Mine displays '2001 Cadillac DTS'.

You only have 17 spaces available for the display. So if you look at mine...I'm right at 17 spaces including blanks.

Technically you can have swear words or whatever. Only 17 spaces available. Capital and lower case available.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeap. Only the GM Tech 2 can program the IPC message.

Mine displays '2001 Cadillac DTS'.

You only have 17 spaces available for the display. So if you look at mine...I'm right at 17 spaces including blanks.

Technically you can have swear words or whatever. Only 17 spaces available. Capital and lower case available.

Do you know if the navigation radio will display the same as the IPC? I know the regular Bose head unit still said "Driver No. 1" on my '99 STS when I had my name programmed. Thinking about having the '00 STS programmed...I added the DVD-based navigation head unit and it says "Driver No. 1" like the regular head unit did.

Charles

Archived