CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Recharging a/c in seville sls

I am looking for a diagram of the port where I put my R134 in my cadillac seville, I have went through 2 cans already, works for about 5 min, then gets hot again....any suggestions or diagrams so I know if I am putting it in the right spot...

I am looking for a diagram of the port where I put my R134 in my cadillac seville, I have went through 2 cans already, works for about 5 min, then gets hot again....any suggestions or diagrams so I know if I am putting it in the right spot...

I am not an AC guy, but there are some here that are real good.

Hopefully they will jump in here shortly.

If you bought the freon and charging hose from the local auto parts store, there should be only one fitting that it will connect to.

I don't have a diagram for you, but...

My guess (just off the top of my head) is, if it is getting cold for a few minutes, then getting hot again...you are putting it in the right place, but you have a "BIG" leak.

Look around at all the lines and and especially the fittings.

See if one of then has a bunch of oily residue and crud built up on it.

If so...that is your leak.

Posted Image

1 can is enough to blow cool air at least. if your comp stops cycling after 5 min than you have a major leak somewhere. adding freon to a system without finding a leak is against the law. ok, thats the lawyer talk. you wonder if you are adding the freon incorrectly? seriously, you sound like a total amateur and really should take it to a qualified tech. or you can keep adding freon and having it leak out. maybe someday it will stop leaking.

I don't understand. How can you have gone through 2 cans and not know where it goes? You add it to the low side service port. They are different sizes so you can't connect to the high side. It is on or near the accumulator. If you have indeed added 2 cans and it took it, it is full or over full. The system only holds 2 - 2 1/2 lbs. Unless it all leaked out, in which case you have to find and repai the leak.

Archived