CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

okay i have a 2000 deville with the bose headunit and all bose speakers... it also has the factory 10 inch subwoofer in the back window... i want to hook up 2 12 inch rockford fosgate p2 subwoofers to it with an aftermarket amp... now i know the work involved with doing it... but im curious... how will it sound? will the bass be loud? less muddy than the bose system?? thanks in advance

If I understand your question, you are asking if you replace the Bose amp and speaker with a Fosgate p2 subwoofer and an aftermarket amp if it will sound different in a specific way.

I think part of the answer is that you can't replace part of the Bose system; you will need to replace it all.

The other part of the answer is that you should listen to the new system you want to buy to replace the Bose system ahead of time and decide if you like it or no.

I am not certain I understand when speakers sound muddy or not, but I am certain that a lot depends on the ear of the listener and what you prefer.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 5 weeks later...

I have a 2005 cadillac sts with the factory bose navigation system. I recently installed an aftermarket amp with two 12 inch subs to the factory system. Sounds really good and was very easy to do. If you still need help with this let me know.

• 2 months later...

I have a similar set up. The Bose 10" in the rear deck, just does not have the strength to kick like I want. I have been thinking about replacing it with more upscale 10" and using an amp to drive it. Or removing it and fiberglassing an enclosure with a 12" in the drivers side rear corner of the trunk.

So the questions;

1. Has anyone changed out the 10" in the deck?

If so, how much of a challenge getting to it?

2. Anyone with a 12" in the trunk with the 10" removed?

If so, how does it sound?

New to the Caddy world, 01 DTS and I am in love with Caddy's now.

• 2 months later...
okay i have a 2000 deville with the bose headunit and all bose speakers... it also has the factory 10 inch subwoofer in the back window... i want to hook up 2 12 inch rockford fosgate p2 subwoofers to it with an aftermarket amp... now i know the work involved with doing it... but im curious... how will it sound? will the bass be loud? less muddy than the bose system?? thanks in advance

i have an 02 dhs and have recently queried the same question at all the local audio shops. Their response was that while the bose speakers are ok for moderate wattage levels a different amp to drive the door speakers will clarify the sound quality as a helper to go with the new sub and should also be sufficient for the time being it leaves you with the option of replacing oem with a better brand later and gets the costly add ons done with in the beginning

43655807_a46d727e81.jpg

Archived