CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

new codes...

MIke D

U1255 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)

U1301 - Class 2 Short to Battery

and these set off the airbag light...

B1141 - Driver Pretensioner Loop Resistance High

B1161 - Lamp Circuit Failure

Any idea's? Last time i checked the ground at the battery was clean and tight... i know there are like 20 grounds on this car but are any more suseptable than others to go bad?

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

The problem may/may not be a connection trouble. The bolted connections to the block/ground plane and become loose/corroded. The problem you are seeing may be a bad cable especially if the battery cables are the originals. Faulty cables can cause all manner of electrical gremlins. Just looking good doesn't mean they are good. Test them for resistance or just replace them...cheap insurance.

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

• 2 weeks later...
The problem may/may not be a connection trouble. The bolted connections to the block/ground plane and become loose/corroded. The problem you are seeing may be a bad cable especially if the battery cables are the originals. Faulty cables can cause all manner of electrical gremlins. Just looking good doesn't mean they are good. Test them for resistance or just replace them...cheap insurance.

To test the cable I know you have to measure the resistance... But what other end of the positive am i looking for? The fuse box under the hood? the starter?

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Archived