CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Shocks Seville SLS 1996

My daughter has a 1996 SLS with 180,000 miles on it. The car runs fine but we live on an unpaved rural road and the suspension is getting really bad. Paying for factory or aftermarket active struts and shocks is not realistic for this car with this many miles. Is there an inexpensive (ie., < $100 a pair) STANDARD replacement shock available? I have a 1997 SLS parts car (picked it up with a blown head gasket) but unfortunately it looks like the shocks on it are slightly different (at least they have different connectors)

I have a '96 SLS and the rear shocks were getting bad. I installed a set of Arnott passive shocks - they are load leveling (work just like the OEM shocks) but they are passive. I don't think you're going to find a set for less than $100 but these were in the $200 range. They work just fine.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Check the Arnott site for info on their passive replacement system for the 96 SLS [site link]

New Cadillac Seville 4 wheel suspension kit. for 1996 (SLS only) Seville

Our complete suspension kit converts your electronic shocks and struts to a much more dependable passive system. The kit keeps your rear air leveling system completely operational. We have designed them to plug direct to your vehicles system without any alterations. Our exclusive plug in design allows for easy installation without disabling or bypassing your suspension control module.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Check the Arnott site for info on their passive replacement system for the 96 SLS [site link]

New Cadillac Seville 4 wheel suspension kit. for 1996 (SLS only) Seville

Our complete suspension kit converts your electronic shocks and struts to a much more dependable passive system. The kit keeps your rear air leveling system completely operational. We have designed them to plug direct to your vehicles system without any alterations. Our exclusive plug in design allows for easy installation without disabling or bypassing your suspension control module.

I used arnott struts on the front. Work great 2 years later.

Archived