CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Aftermarket Radiators for 4.9

adallak

I've used http://www.performanceradiator.com/ before with no probs. They used to re-build a lot of them for the dealer I used to work for too.

I've got a question about the 4.9 radiator. I've got two fans, did all the 4.9 Sevilles come with two fans?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I went through this about 2 years ago, brought home an aftermarket radiator and when I opened it, it was significantly different. I can not remember what was different about it, I think there was a difference in the core thickness if I recall. I ended up taking it back and having them order an AC/Delco unit, slightly more expensive but at least it was correctly sized to my 4.9, Mike

My 91 has two fans, a pusher and a puller, Mike

My 92 has one on each side.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

My 91 has two fans, a pusher and a puller, Mike

Are they both on the same side of the radiator? I have a fan on the inside and one on the outside behind the grill. I recently replaced the pusher fan motor. Mike

Duh, I just re-read your message, you have one on each side as I do, I think I read your post as left and right sides not fore and aft. Yes, I have one fore and aft, the front one pushes and the rear one pulls, Mike

Archived