CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel Pump - 1994 Concours

Gentlemen,

I have a '94 Concours with 193,000 miles and failing fuel pump that I'd like to pass onto my 16 year old. I'm having the typical hard starting in cooler weather problem that I wanted to fix before he gets it (I would go through the cranking cycle about 5 or 6 times before it would start). We put a pressure tester on her and it reads between 10 and 20 psi when cranking and less then 10 with the key in the on position. We dropped the tank and pulled the pump and started shopping the salvage yards. We've seen pumps from a '96 Deville, '93 and '94 Seville's but the fuel line connections are different from mine. My pump has three quick connections while the other pumps have three connections but only two are quick connects with the middle one just a straight hose connection (similiar to the fuel tank vent connection). Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,

Tony

rockauto.com shows fuelpump.jpg

ACDELCO Part # 43911 More Info {replaces 25029982 #25029982, 88962475}

MODULE,F/TNK F/PMP(SENDER & PUMP) 2ND DESIGN; CODE EPV, FOR 1ST DES SEE 25028733

They want $281.79 for a new one. a place called getgmparts.com shows that p/n for $199.

There was also a TSB issue that addressed the harness for the fuel pump?

Date: 06/01/1995

Component Name: 070000 FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE

NHTSA #: 536302

SUMMARY: ENGINE CRANKS BUT WILL NOT START - NO FUEL PRESSURE (REPLACE MODULE FUEL LEVEL SENDER AND JUMPER HARNESS). *SD

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

MODULE,F/TNK F/PMP(SENDER & PUMP) 2ND DESIGN; CODE EPV, FOR 1ST DES SEE 25028733

They want $281.79 for a new one. a place called getgmparts.com shows that p/n for $199.

SUMMARY: ENGINE CRANKS BUT WILL NOT START - NO FUEL PRESSURE (REPLACE MODULE FUEL LEVEL SENDER AND JUMPER HARNESS). *SD

The picture from rockauto is the same as the one's that the salvage yard had. I think the TSB work was never performed on my car and it has the old fuel pump. The center fuel connection on mine is a quick connect that lead to a spot near the fuel filter and has a plug in it. I think it is used to drain the pressure when the car is up in the air for a fuel filter change. I think I can retrofit the newer fuel pumps by not using my middle quick connect and clamping on a rubber hose and then pluging the end.

Thanks for the information about the TSB,

Tony

I believe the middle connection is for the charcoal vapor recovery cannister.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Update: One of the local salvage yards had an update on their database that explained that the center connection was used as a siphon on some models and is not needed. The replacement and newer fuel pumps have the center connection clipped off and blocked??? We replaced the fuel pump with one that didn't have the siphon connection and the car starts on the first try.

Thanks for the replies,

Tony

Archived