CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Eldorado Location of Onstar Unit

coolnesss

The OnStar unit in my 2000 STS was in the trunk, behind the carpet and against the rear seat back. I would suggest looking in the factory shop manual. The BlueStar is great!

Charles

I have a 2002 Eldorado - and I need to know the location of the Onstar unit so I can switch it to a bluestar - bluetooth - and I'll post a review of it when it's working!

THANKS

Can we get a link/info on "bluestar - bluetooth?"

OnStar.pdf

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Warren - THANKS for the diagram. I appreciate it.

My back went bad, so I haven't been able to change it out - but I will do so soon.

Meanwhile, here's the link to their site. The proprietor is great - perfect service, informative, prompt delivery etc etc etc.

http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/bluestar.html

Warren - THANKS for the diagram. I appreciate it.

My back went bad, so I haven't been able to change it out - but I will do so soon.

Meanwhile, here's the link to their site. The proprietor is great - perfect service, informative, prompt delivery etc etc etc.

http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/bluestar.html

VERY interesting. I sent them an email.

Thanks,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

For the more curious among you more info can be found here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadil...-completed.html

Mine is on order.

Thanks coolnesss.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

• 5 weeks later...
For the more curious among you more info can be found here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadil...-completed.html

Mine is on order.

Thanks coolnesss.

Regards,

Warren

I had mine installed about two weeks ago. It was a no-go. I could NOT get the HF850 to pair with my Blackberry. Eventually, I went to the Motorola website and found the information (lacking in the Bluestar instructions (unless you dug deep)) describing how to accomplish the pairing.

This thing is HOT STUFF!! Works just great!

Within about 20-30 seconds after I turn the ignition on the Bluestar module is connected to my cellphone and ready to go. No monthly OnStar charges + calling minutes . . . just my regular cellphone fees. Sure, no crash services, but that was not what I was looking for.

I cannot recommend this too highly.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. coolnesss, how did you make out?

Posted Image

Is it a felony in NY to use a hand-held device while operating a motor vehicle?

The "BlueStar Module" replaces the OnStar module in your Cadillac. It interfaces your cellphone to the car's OnStar electronics and operates transparently as your OnStar electronics once did.

You have hands-free service that operates through your car's radio etc. No new MICS. speakers, buttons etc. are required. Your radio mutes upon reception of an incoming call and the call is handled as though it were an OnStar call. All the voice-dialing features of your cellphone are available.

TOTAL transparency!

Regards,

Warren

EDIT: No crash protection, though. No OnStar fees either. You pay only your normal cellphone charges.

Posted Image

I have a BlueStar in my Eldo also. Best thing ever! Before analog OnStar was turned off, I wanted to get a phone line for the Eldo, and Onstar informed me that I would have to have a second line provided by my mobile service. They also told me that it wouldn't matter because of the cancellation of analog OnStar. BlueStar is exactly what I wanted! :D

Resistance is futile.

quake_tux.gif

I may be selling my BlueStar unit soon. I was finally able to score a factory Nav head unit for my car and I am pretty sure that I'll have to put the OnStar VCIM back in the car to get the voice commands. It will be cheaper than a new one, of course...

Charles

I have a BlueStar in my Eldo also. Best thing ever! Before analog OnStar was turned off, I wanted to get a phone line for the Eldo, and Onstar informed me that I would have to have a second line provided by my mobile service. They also told me that it wouldn't matter because of the cancellation of analog OnStar. BlueStar is exactly what I wanted! :D

What displays on the radio? - do you have the onstar buttons on the rear view mirror? - do the steering wheel controls work? when you hit the source button on the radio, is the phone or that "floppy disk" available (in other words is it lit as an option)?

when you get a call, does the phone light up on the radio?

I hope my questions make sence to you or someone with BlueStar.

What displays on the radio? - do you have the onstar buttons on the rear view mirror? - do the steering wheel controls work? when you hit the source button on the radio, is the phone or that "floppy disk" available (in other words is it lit as an option)?

when you get a call, does the phone light up on the radio?

I hope my questions make sence to you or someone with BlueStar.

I have the OnStar buttons on my rear view mirror. I don't have the steering wheel controls for the phone, just temp, fan, volume and select (I think the last one is select). The Phone icon isn't lit as an option when you press the source button, however, when you make a call, or a call comes in, your radio automatically switches to phone, and the phone icon is lit on your radio display. You answer calls just with a press of the OnStar button on your mirror.

Resistance is futile.

quake_tux.gif

Archived