CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Eldorado Speakers

nick2nd

Today I started my car and heard a popping noise from my speakers. I have the bose system in my car. Do I need to replace my speakers, and if i do do i need to replace it with a Bose.

First off it could be a bad connection, which I highly doubt since it is factory. If you do replace your factory bose speakers you do not have to put bose speakers back in it. You could use Alpine, Pioneer ETC.

Today I started my car and heard a popping noise from my speakers. I have the bose system in my car. Do I need to replace my speakers, and if i do do i need to replace it with a Bose.

First off it could be a bad connection, which I highly doubt since it is factory. If you do replace your factory bose speakers you do not have to put bose speakers back in it. You could use Alpine, Pioneer ETC.

if i put a alpine or pioneer speaker would i have to change them all? and how much would it cost.

I was under the impression that the BOSE speakers all had a little amp built into them and were a very LOW IMPEDANCE speaker and could NOT be replaced with a standard off the shelf speaker.

Posted Image

I was under the impression that the BOSE speakers all had a little amp built into them and were a very LOW IMPEDANCE speaker and could NOT be replaced with a standard off the shelf speaker.

so if i rplace the speaker it has to a Bose on?

The Bose speakers are lower impedence. There is a source that will refurbish the amps - do a search on this board. If you're handy with a soldering iron, you can do it yourself. I think there was a how-to article on this.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived