CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

idle speed control replacement

CRASHSK8R

Assuming everything was within spec beforehand, you may get away with only installing the plunger to the exact measurement the old unit had. Otherwise there is a specific procedure to follow and you would neec a tach and a VOM.

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

Yes it needs to be adjusted. While idling, press on the plunger until it retracts. When it bottoms out, unplug it. Now adjust the gap to .060. Plug it in and you are good to go. It might take a day or so to relearn the idle, so if it is not exactly correct, give it a little time or there is a lengthy idle learn procedure in the FSM. Might be posted here somewhere.

I have a 1993 cadillac deville sedan. When i replace an idle speed control, does it need any special adjusting or do they come pre-adjusted for any car they are put in.

First, install it and see how's your idle then engine reaches soem 190F. If it is more than 650 RPM let us know. There is an easy procedure for ISC motor plunger adjustment.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I have a 1993 cadillac deville sedan. When i replace an idle speed control, does it need any special adjusting or do they come pre-adjusted for any car they are put in.

First, install it and see how's your idle then engine reaches soem 190F. If it is more than 650 RPM let us know. There is an easy procedure for ISC motor plunger adjustment.

I went to the pull and save and got the isc from the same car in the lot. it had a new wiring harness and the motor itself was like new. After installing it and checking the codes There where no other problems with the idle. Am I to assume that it is tuned properly (because of the lack of trouble codes), or should i get a tech to check the adjustment? Also for the first time I have no "check engine" or "service engine" lights. great feeling.

I went to the pull and save and got the isc from the same car in the lot. it had a new wiring harness and the motor itself was like new. After installing it and checking the codes There where no other problems with the idle. Am I to assume that it is tuned properly (because of the lack of trouble codes), or should i get a tech to check the adjustment? Also for the first time I have no "check engine" or "service engine" lights. great feeling.

Your driver info center has an option allowing you to know the RPM. If it is about 600 in Park with the engine at OPERATIONAL temperature (190F) you are fine. The computer will set idle speed related code only of it is too off the normal.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived