CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I am totally beguiled by the look of the forthcoming CTS Coupe. I've liked the look of the new CTS sedan since it was introduced. My only complaint has been that it's just too short for a 4-door sedan, especially in the rear seat area (I'm quite used to Devilles). The coupe format solves the problem completely.

post-36-1233939417_thumb.jpg

I expect the rear seat area of a coupe to be smaller and the longer door on the CTS coupe concept car (see photo) looks just right to me. To my eye, the shortened rear end and rakish top line of the coupe combined with the Sixteen-inspired front end styling of the CTS sedan makes a very fast and sexy looking car.

I've compared CTS dimensions to the Eldorado and the Devilles I've owned and find it isn't really all that small. Overall length is quite short, of course, but wheelbase, overall width, and height are actually quite close to the bigger Cadillacs. Front seat head and leg room are within an inch or so, although hip room is quite a bit less. The coupe's trunk is quite a bit smaller, which I can live with.

I haven't been following these smaller Cadillacs, so I know very little about them. I know the CTS coupe will be the same, mechanically, as the sedan. What is the drive train like? I know it's rear-wheel drive (isn't it?). What is the 3.6 direct injection V6 engine like? What is "direct injection"? Is the engine a quadruple overhead cam, 24 valve design similar to the Northstar or some other configuration? How does the car perform? I know the 3.6 develops more horsepower than the Northstar so, with the CTS's lower weight, it should run like a scared rabbit.

I would be interested in how the new CTS's performance and how it handles. Also, I've heard nothing but praise for the fit and finish of the interior (I need to go sit in one and/or drive one).

I was very disappointed when Cadillac discontinued the Eldorado but it looks like CTS coupe will be, in effect, "the new Eldorado", although in a somewhat smaller format. I would be very interested in new CTS sedan owners' impressions of the car.

Thanks in advance.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Man that is a sweet looking car!

I'm in total agreement! Here are photos of the front and rear.

post-36-1233992293_thumb.jpgpost-36-1233992319_thumb.jpg

From what I've read, the concept design will be compromised slightly in the production version but the overall look will be very close.

photo-36.jpg

Are they going to make it in a convertible?

From what I've read, there has been talk of a convertible. The next introduction in this line will be the redesigned SRX crossover (it's already featured on cadillac.com) The coupe will come after that. A convertible version may or may not materialize later. I'm sure a lot depends on sales and the overall financial health of GM at the time.

There is a lot of information about these cars on the internet. Try searching "cts coupe".

photo-36.jpg

Archived