CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Front Turn Signal, 2006 SRX

Hi Guys, old guy here from West Texas, Wifes 2006 SRX has a left front parking lamp bulb out and signal as well. I removed the air cleaner box and I can get to the lamp housing from there, just 6 Torx # 15 screws to remove. Just want to make sure there is a serviceable bulb in there before I R&R. Any body know???

Thanks, Don

Hi Guys, old guy here from West Texas, Wifes 2006 SRX has a left front parking lamp bulb out and signal as well. I removed the air cleaner box and I can get to the lamp housing from there, just 6 Torx # 15 screws to remove. Just want to make sure there is a serviceable bulb in there before I R&R. Any body know???

Thanks, Don

Yes... it is replaceable. The number of your bulb is listed in your owners manual.

Posted Image

Thanks, Don

Yes... it is replaceable. The number of your bulb is listed in your owners manual.

Thanks Jim, I attempted to R&R complete lamp housing and could get things loose but not out. I susppose it would take the newer 3157A bulb but I see no opening to remove lens as in regular car lamp. This 2006 is supposed to be covered my a 100k 5 year warranty. I will be going to the dealer today to find out what their answer is and if they wont tell me how to get bulb out, well , guess I have to fork over a few bucks. Thanks again.

I seem to remember reading somewhere ... that you have to take the BUMPER COVER off to get to it.

But I am not absolutely sure of that.

Did not get much from service writer yesterday other than, it takes about an 1.5 hr. Can you imagine, just to change a bulb? Car is still covered under 100k /5 yr warranty. so I am not gonna worry about it. Just don't make sense or even $$ sense when GM is liable for this or even a paying customer. 1.5 hr x $80 flat rate is hi , just to replace a bulb but then again if you drive a caddy, you can afford it even with gas down to 1.35 a gal.

I need to find me a service manual on this car. I have two complete platform GM manuals left over from my 99 Eldo, that I no longer have. Can you think if some good one that are in detail ?

I need to find me a service manual on this car. I have two complete platform GM manuals left over from my 99 Eldo, that I no longer have. Can you think if some good one that are in detail ?

This is the only one I would recommend.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/welcome_select...F3QV81W4J128EG8

Posted Image

I seem to remember reading somewhere ... that you have to take the BUMPER COVER off to get to it.

Did not get much from service writer yesterday other than, it takes about an 1.5 hr. Can you imagine, just to change a bulb? Car is still covered under 100k /5 yr warranty. so I am not gonna worry about it. Just don't make sense or even $$ sense when GM is liable for this or even a paying customer. 1.5 hr x $80 flat rate is hi , just to replace a bulb but then again if you drive a caddy, you can afford it even with gas down to 1.35 a gal.

I'd be interested in one of those 99 manuals if you would like to sell one, and its the original Helms Service Manual, Thanks, Mike

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I'd be interested in one of those 99 manuals if you would like to sell one, and its the original Helms Service Manual, Thanks, Mike

I recieved them as a pair so , it would be best to sell them as such, Send me an address and offer @ don_dabbs@oxy.com

Thanks

I hope I am not too late to be of some service.

I have an 06 SRX with 105K+ miles.

I have done the turn signals a couple of different ways, but the best is through the fender well by removing the forward fender liner.

You are wasting your time if you do this without upgrading the bulbs and the sockets.

Complete job about an hour and a half.

srxturnsignals.shutterfly.com

• 3 weeks later...
I hope I am not too late to be of some service.

I have an 06 SRX with 105K+ miles.

I have done the turn signals a couple of different ways, but the best is through the fender well by removing the forward fender liner.

You are wasting your time if you do this without upgrading the bulbs and the sockets.

Complete job about an hour and a half.

srxturnsignals.shutterfly.com

Great illustrations, I guess I was on the right track if I had done this my self. I was given the 100k/5 year warranty from date of purchase so looks like I will not have to worry about anything until at least 2013. I worry more about my social security being around.

The dealer took car of this for me . But it bugs me why I can't change the bulb out , the old way, just removing the lens.

Being there is a TSB out on this issue, tells me something was not done right the first time. You did not mention what the up grade was for and why? Socket corrosion?

I do thank you very much for this knowledge . I am an older GM service writer guy so I know some of the issues people bring in. Thanks again. Great site here.

Archived