CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GM: Stuff in the pipeline for 09 still moving forward

AutoWeek

"The 2009 stuff that's too late to cancel is coming out, then everything else gets pushed out anywhere between three months and up to a year," said one of the sources. "It's not just capital budget; it's also engineering, design ... everything that would cause money to flow out in 2009."

Two high-profile vehicles--the Chevrolet Camaro and the Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid--are protected from the cutbacks, says one source close to GM. Likewise, the restyled Buick LaCrosse, the Chevrolet Traverse and possibly the Cadillac CTS wagon are still due to market as planned.

Since those products are ready for production, GM would not save much money by delaying them. In addition, the Volt is pivotal to GM's plan to match Toyota Motor Corp. as a technology leader and environmentally conscious corporation.

The LaCrosse is due in spring, and the Traverse will debut in the first quarter. The CTS wagon is due for the 2010 model year, but the launch date has not been set.

Thank goodness the 09 CTS-V was so far along. This may suggest that the Smaller-than-a-CTS Alpha is delayed, and perhaps have some effect on the CTS Coupe.

The CTS Sport Wagon apparently is firm.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I would bet that the smaller-than-a-CTS platform is high on the priority list, though, particularly if a significant MPG advantage can be achieved with it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived