CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Caddilac parts co-op?

ikswotug

just wanted to bounce this off people, but would there be any interest in making a parts co-op for hard to find parts, or thing you can't find in your area. i go to my local junkards about once a month and tragically i see a alot of good parts just get crushed :wipetears . not sure how all the details would work out, like i said just looking for thoughts at this point.

This is an interesting idea. What may work well as a way to get started is if you post a 'yard report', perhaps with photos, each time you visit the local recycling yards?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That's a good idea man. I had a thread a while ago about a junk yard run I was doing and I had people asking for parts. I was even going to send some tail lights to Europe but they were picked over already

I just checked the yard closest to me and they just got in a 94 STS yesterday. I might go pull some parts tomorrow, I need an antenna motor and might pick up some spare coil packs.

Here's a list of the Cadillacs that my local yard has, sorted by date received, if anyone needs anything. If I don't get there tomorrow I'll try for monday. http://www.upullrparts.com/index.cfm/go/ya...ed/sortDir/DESC

EDIT: There's an 88 Seville in the yard, not sure if you can take parts from that but if you need anything let me know.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

if only my local yards where that organized.

Well they don't have any idea of what's been taken off, or what's still on the car. They just list the car, and when it's stripped they crush the rest of it and take it off the list.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Archived