CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Air conditionor not blowing air

ellenk57

You're gonna have to explain this a little better Ellen. Do you mean the blower or the compressor is "going on and off". The compressor is for cooling (A/C). Why would you have it replaced for a lack of heat. I'm confused. :wacko:

:welcomesmiley:

One thing you can do that will help a lot is to get the OBD II codes and post them with your reply. It just takes a few seconds. Here's how:

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

My airconditioner started going on and off now it is not blowing any air at all I had the compressor fixed last year because I wasn't getting any heat what do you think is wrong and how can I fix it

I had the same issue on my '95 SLS. More than likely, its the wire harness on the blower motor. I thought my blower motor had gone out AGAIN. Turns out, the connector sags over time and the pins fail to make contact. I took the smallest jewelers flathead screwdriver I could find and forced the pins back open again to make good contact. Also, using a small chunk of sandpaper, sanded down the contacts on the connector on the blower motor. This worked for me, as always, YMMV.

_Tom

There is an onboard diagnostic test that should help you determine what is wrong. You need to have someone run the NO BLOWER OPERATION/IMPROPER BLOWER SPEED test. There is one listed in my Helms manual for my 94 Eldo so I am assuming there should be one for you. Checking the connection coming off of the blower(as suggested) is a good place to start.

I had the same problem, and assuming the blower was bad, replaced the blower. Worked for a little bit and then started acting up.(blower going on and off) I had my Eldo with a former GM tech for a different problem and I asked him to see if he could track down my blower trouble. He said he ran the above mentioned test and that the blower I had just installed was bad. It was OEM. Put a different one in and everything is working correctly.(so far) Good Luck!

Kent

Archived