CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Not Decelerating

omar

Hey guys my 90 deville surges when i turn it on. When I drive it below 60 mph it seems to stay at whatever speed I release the gas at unless im going up hill. It is like it is in cruise control and even accelerates on its own a bit. I know this cant be efficient. What can be the problem?

Hey guys my 90 deville surges when i turn it on. When I drive it below 60 mph it seems to stay at whatever speed I release the gas at unless im going up hill. It is like it is in cruise control and even accelerates on its own a bit. I know this cant be efficient. What can be the problem?

If your car has the ability to store and retrieve codes, could you post them here?

Possibly also cables might be binding somewhere?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Do a search in the archives on ISC or idle speed control and read up.

The closed throttle switch is probably bad. There is a way to check it with the onboard diagnosis system.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived