CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

lower you car

Uffe6y

The 92 Seville had coil springs in front and transverse leaf springs in the back. This is why the coil/coil kits for the 93+ don't work for the 92. To lower the rear leaf spring you would have to either modify the spring itself or replace, yes.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

My stock height Eldorado (and the Deville I had before it) bottoms out on parking lot wheel stops and curbs if I pull to far into a parking space. I think lowered cars look cool but I know it will also aggravate this problem.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

One of the tire shop guys next door to my mechanic has a Chevy pickup with air suspension he can raise and lower by remote control from across the street. Pretty cool, I must say! My mechanic said it cost him 5 grand. I'm guessing the equipment takes up a fair amount of space in the bed. But he can aim the remote at it from across the street end squssssssht, the truck goes up. Psssssssssssssst the truck drops back down. Cool!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Yea, I watched a show on The First Network for Men or whatever called "Trucks" where they put a system just like that on a 98 silverado I think. It basically replaced the current parts, save a nitrous oxide looking tank that just goes in the trunk. It was very, very awesome.

But i mean just to take a cuttingtool and cut the spring,,,doesnt that work with my car?

No, because you have springs ONLY in the front. In the rear, you have leaf suspensions which are bent, metal strips that are stacked on top of each other so you can't cut them like a spring because it's not a COILED spring.

Here's an example of what a leaf suspension for a truck might look like:

http://www.macsspring.com/website/images/hellwig-lp25.gif

It's not a coil.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Uffe6y,

If you combine lowering the car with the extra wide tires you mentioned in another post, I think you (the tires actually) might be headed for some problems.

In the other post, you asked about fender flares to keep the extra wide tires covered and legal.

Nice looking fo' sure, but the first thing I thought about was the tires chewig up into the wheel wells during regular driving. If you lower the car, that potential, expensive problem will be exacerbated.

Its not pretty when any tire goes into a fender at speed. A buddy a bad experiance with a '65 Pontiac GTO, lifted, wide tires etc. He wound it up and dropped the clutch - when the rear end "dug in" in a vain attempt to lift the front tires off the ground - it chewed up the tires and fenders big time.

You have probably found out that extra wide wheels/tires on the front tend to get into the suspension itself (please check) and inside fenders wells.

Looks nice parked though... ;)

Really - good luck

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived