CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Corsa Exhaust

Does anyone have this system out here in the lower maimland in BC. Would love to see and here it on the NS in person before buying. Plaese send me a PM and I would like to see it.

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Come on now guys. There has to be someone out here with a Corsa system close to me. Did see a Deville with Corsa tips on the Hwy to Whistler one day a while back.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

check out there website if you want to hear it on a caddy, something like corsaperf.com.

They have numerous sound clips.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

Rickster, you may have to go off of descriptions and opinions of those who have it. You may also try to call Corsa and see if you can get the name of a customer near you. They would probably need to call the customer and clear it first. Maybe they would do it. Also, their web site has audio samples. Check it out.

I put the STS system on my Aurora with some slight modification to make it fit right. All I can say is that it's incredible. I have never regretted it. I was VERY concerned about it being loud too. On the highway cruising at any speed, it is quiet. You get a nice note when accelerating and WOT is music. It's not "blatty" or annoying - very smooth and deep. They have the Northstar sounding perfect. What's more is that it is indeed straight through like having straight pipe. The 304 ss has held up 100% through a lot of salted roads.

It would be cool if Corsa teamed with GM and other mfg's and actually had these offered as an option. I did see a new truck in a dealership's showroom floor with the Corsa system however.

Unless you never what to hear you car - ever, you will most likely love this system. And with the totally straight through exhaust, it's probably the least restrictive and best performing.

I've seen advertisements for other systems that claim to induce a pull on the exhaust and help scavenging, but it seems to be along the lines of perpetual motion science. I don't see how you can force exhaust through some flow scheme (and not lose any energy) so that you can gain something from it's affect on the flow stream. It may sound cool, but in the end think you end up losing some energy. Straight through and smooth is the way to go.

I hope this helps.

Heard the clips a while back. That's what got me interested. Jasbo, good idea. I will try to call Corsa and see what they say about other satisfied customers in my area.

Descriptions and opinons can be usefull but they are just that. Discriptions and opinions. A freind told me about skydiving. Beutiful discription and wounderful opinions. Still did'nt do it. Something about jumping out of perfectly good airplanes dosen't wash with me.

Did'nt mail order my wife either. Had to try her out first.

I have the same "anxiety" about many things I buy for the car, like shocks, tires, mufflers, etc. None of them are easily returnable if you don't quite like it, and any of them has the capability to really affect your experience in the vehicle. Unfortunately, you can't "test drive" these products on your particular car before purchasing them, and all you have to go by is comments from other owners. And "sounds cool" or "rides good" means about as much to me as someone trying to describe exactly how chocolatey the ice cream is -- everyone has different tastes and pleasures.

I second (or I guess it's third by now) the idea to call Corsa and see if they'll let you in on a neighbor with the system.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Skydiving? man, I hope you are not worried that much about. If so, you are as bad as I was. I was REALLY worried about a loud car, and I love it.

I called Corsa and they gave me the number of a neighbor with an STS. Corsa borrowed his car to work on the exhaust and they promised to switch it back. When it cam time to switch, he said no way.

Good luck.

Archived